Majesty of the Seas 4

“Great three night cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

michaelnixon
Member Since 2002
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My fiance just got back yesterday from a wonderful three night cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas. We were celebrating her 30th birthday. The Majesty of the Seas maybe 20 years old and may not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer ships like the Oasis of the Seas, but she makes up for it by having a great crew and a lot of charm.

On this cruise we had a Category G ocean view with porthole. The cabin was small, but functional. Our cabin steward, Alex, was phenomenal. Shower pressure was great and we found the beds were comfortable. When I was a kid I sailed with my parents and sister in an inside cabin onboard the Sovereign of the Seas. I remember it being very cramped. My fiance and I did not have any of these issues with our cabin.

We had late seating in the Starlight dining room during our cruise. Our waiter and assistant waiter Raymond and Raymond were also very good and efficient. We also found the food to be much better than expected. In addition, More we had all of our breakfasts in the dining room. We enjoyed having breakfast in the dining room.

The ports, Coco Cay and Nassau, were just alright. I've seen much prettier beaches in Florida, in places like Lido Beach outside of Sarasota, Amelia Island, and Pensacola Beach.

In Coco Cay we went snorkeling. The snorkeling was not that great. I'm not sure if this is a result of Hurricane Irene or the poor weather. Afterwards we went to the barbecue. My fiance keeps Kosher and had difficulty finding food to eat. I also found the selections minimal and the food lacking taste.

In Nassau we took the Number 10 bus to Cable Beach. We walked around the Wyndham, which seemed deserted. We also walked by Breezes, which was closed for renovations due to Hurricane Irene. In the end we ended up renting two jet-skis for 30 minutes for $80.00. Afterwards, we went back to the ship.

In conclusion, my fiance and I had a wonderful cruise onboard the Majesty of the Seas. This was a great weekend getaway and my fiance, thanks to the staff onboard the Majesty of the Seas, had a great birthday. The ship was very nice, crew was great, and food was excellent. We look forward and have already booked another cruise, on the Carnival Liberty, for our honeymoon in October 2012. Less

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Published 09/29/11

Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?