Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by simoncauchi: NCL EPIC = Total Rip OFF

NCL EPIC = Total Rip OFF

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Just came from NCL EPIC with my wife and two children. I am very disappointed with almost everything. As soon as we went in the room we almost had a heart attack since the rooms are very small and there was no were we could go in with the baby chair [buggy]. We had a balcony room so we payed good money for the room. The room itself is nice and cosy but not for a family room with kids.

On the ship other then the kids club and the pool area there is nothing for them to do. The pool was disgusting and we only used it once. The most things that disappointed me was that they say is a tax free ship. Well it is not as they are selling things the same prices you find in shops with tax. I have purchased many items including some expensive things and they said it was an hour sale when they charge you more then what the item costs with tax. So basically they are ripping people on board. The things i have purchased they all coasted me about 100$ more then the original price that is with More tax and on board it should have been tax free.

The food was not bad but you will find almost the same food daily in the buffet area. Smoking is prohibited in most area and the funny thing is they only let you smoke in the casino area in their public area and the casino is placed in the middle of the ship. I have found this very annoying since you cannot smoke on a table outside the pool area and inside the casino you can which is in a public place as all people on board has to go trough it to go other places. It is all about the money!!

One other thing is before leaving from the ship they block double payments from your credit card so be careful as you end up paying twice the bill after 30 days. Just got a call from my bank and they informed me with the situation and they are also said that they have a very bad system. Just a total rip off and i am very angry and disappointed with almost everything. Also be careful from their shore excursions as they are way too expensive. You can always go down from the ship and find cheaper prices and they take you many places with half the price you pay on the ship. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 11

Small rooms for family with kids, Pool area is not nice, small toilets, not enough things to do for kids, Tax free is not real.