Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by BahamaMamas: Fun Cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Fun Cruise

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas

I had a great time on this cruise. The crowd is mixed from seniors to young couples on their honeymoon and everyone is friendly and there to have fun!

The dining was somewhat of a disappointment. I dined at the Palace and the Crossings main dining rooms and was underwhelmed by the food both times. My other meals were had in the Garden Cafe Buffet and Longboard's Bar. I actually preferred the food in these venues to the main dining room food, but neither was anything to write home about.

Our cabin wasn't as cramped as I was expecting. All the little nooks and storage spaces really help! They also have a pretty good selection of movies available. The steward is constantly tidying up your room while you're away so that's nice. Our cabin was next to a crew area where they were prepping and wheeling out carts so if you like to sleep in, this cabin isn't for you. Around 7:30am to 10:30am it gets really loud and clankety.

The service on the ship was alright. The More people aren't Disney go-out-of-their-way-friendly but you'll eventually get what you asked for.

We didn't have any days at sea since we were at a port every day. Be prepared for hot and humid weather! Walking around town might be tough due to the heat and humidity so you might want to spend your days in port in the water. The private island was beautiful although it might take 30-45 minutes from the time you line up to get onto the tender to stepping foot on the island. Another thing to note is that it seemed a good number of shops were closed because we were the only ship in port that day. I must say that booking excursions made the days in port amazing!

All in all, the Norwegian Sky is a good time. It's not luxurious (if you don't book a suite or pay extra for the specialty dining), but there's plenty to keep you entertained for 4 days on the ship and in port. The best part is the fun cruise ship camaraderie! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>