Westerdam Cruise Review by midwest 852: Westerdam's last Alaskan cruise for 2011

Westerdam 5

Westerdam's last Alaskan cruise for 2011

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

A beautiful morning in Seattle @ pier 91. HAL's check-in lady was rude! (but what the heck I was on vacation). We were checked in & on board by noon we dropped off our carryon's in the room & headed to the lido for lunch no problem finding a table & the lines were short for food. Our luggage was in the room when we returned from lunch. Our sail-away was delayed 30 mins due to a fire

alarm on the loading docks.

Captain Keijer informed us that due to high winds & 18ft. waves we would take the inside passage

to avoid the rough seas. The 18ft waves soon became 30ft. waves and most of the cruise we spent trying to avoid the weather. We missed Hubbard Glacier & went to Tracy's Arm instead beautiful waterfalls but I am not a fan of Tracy's Arm. Also missed Sitka but we stayed in Ketchikan longer & stayed in Victoria CA. all day.

The staff in the Neptune Lounge were great and the rest of the ships staff were all smiling & More friendly. Due to a fall on the stairs I got to visit the ships medical center & again they were also very friendly. They called me daily for updates.

We did not go to the MDR we made our cruise reservations 11 months ago but they didn't seat our family at the same table. Didn't bother to try to get another one, we had room service & ate in the lido. We went to the Canaletto restaurant it was just ok, last year on the Osterdam it was great.

Our cabin was wonderful & comfortable. The decor of the ship I don't really remember! I only know that the carpet on the forward stairs between floors 3 & 4 was blue (I laid there for awhile).

Five out of the six of us got seasick! And we had a great family vacation! Less

Published 09/28/11

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Westerdam Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: SA7054 Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

7054 could hear noise from the Neptune lounge.

Read All Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite (SA) Reviews >>

Had to tender in. The sales in this port were great!!

Read 1126 Juneau Reviews

We took the duck tour with HAL it was ok.

Read 1262 Ketchikan Reviews

The Gov. Building's were nice.

Read 797 Victoria Reviews

Compare Prices on Westerdam Alaska Cruises

midwest 852
Member Since 2010
316 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X