Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Pushkin

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Liberty of the Seas - 9/17/11 - 9/24/11
My husband and I booked this cruise for our anniversary celebration. It was my second trip to Europe and his first. We arrived in Barcelona a day early and had a good time.

Embarkation: We arrived at the port around 1 p.m. and it was very crowded so would avoid at 1pm.. (by 2 p.m., there were no crowds). It took approximately an hour from arrival at port to getting to Windjammer.

Food: Windjammer: food was good enough (Honey stung chicken really is excellent), but not as much variety as we have had on other ships. Main Dining Room: The food ranged from ok to really good. Our waiters were excellent and made the whole dining experience very enjoyable. We did not go to Portofinos or Chops. During the day, the various eating places opened and closed at different times which was aggravating. Several of the sea days, we would return to the ship around 5 and find nothing opened except the Prominade Cafe. This is a very, very small eating place for a ship with 4,000 passengers! Windjammer closes between breakfast and lunch and again between lunch and dinner. I have never seen that on a ship!

Cabin: We had a great aft cabin (1400) and our cabin steward (Jack) was one of the best we have ever had. I was again amazed to find that there were no toiletries in the cabin other than a shampoo dispenser in the shower. What the heck? 2 star hotels provide toiletries! No robe either.

Entertainment: This is not a big one for us. We did see Saturday Night Fever which was very good. I was surprised that I never once saw a band playing at the pool. I can't imagine they did not have music by the pool sometimes, but it could not have been that often. I also enjoyed listening to the person playing classical guitar, but not much else.

Staff: The staff were generally very pleasant and greeted you.

Disembarking: Kept our bags with us and were off the ship in a matter of minutes (around 7:30 a.m.)

Overall impression: We will probably not sail on RC ships again. I think they are more suited to young couples with children, and 20 -30 year olds. Also, on this itinerary, the vast majority of pax were foreign speaking which resulted in less comraderie with other passenger - we felt a little isolated. Having to check out towels with your seapass card was bothersome, as well. Just think we are more suited to other cruiselines.

Publication Date: 09/28/11