Azamara Journey Cruise Review by tango9: wonderful Journey in spain

wonderful Journey in spain

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

My son and I sailed the Journey on Jule 18, 2011 out of Barcelona to Ibitza, Granada/Motril, Gibraltar, and Cadiz and ending in Lisbon.

Wonderful staff , as Azamara always has. Captain Tyess was always around in his gentle, kind and confident manner. Eric De Gray provided lots of wonderful songs with his great voice and he is rather funny with stories about his grandparents. Helen, the activities director, was warm and funny as well, having been a clown in another life. This line always makes you feel special and tries very hard to make things right.

When I initally told them that I had been totally ignored in the buffet area ( could not get a table, then , with cold food in hand, could not get silverware or water either), I was contacted by five separate staff with apologies and better service from then on.

The ship is in good shape. Low key activities. Food is very, very good for my taste. Wine served at lunch and dinner was always very good and if you More liked the one you had the day before, they would get it for you.
Rosalie and Paul , cabin stewards, were execellent,effecient and never intrusive. The ports were good , and we took ship excursions in all, with very good experiences. Oh, and if you like to dance, Marcio , the DJ in the Looking Glass, is great fun in the evening. On this sailing, we were stuck in Cadiz because of a problem with the PA system. Very erie to never hear anything for almost two days. But there was a fun little festival right in the port to occupy our time . And Azamara was more than generous in compensating our wasted time and never getting to see Lisbon. I guess I will need to sail to Lisbon another time! Less

Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Journey Review >>

Cabin review: Azamara Journey Club Oceanview Stateroom Four 4014

Cabin 4014, OV was very clean, nicely laid out for two. Too cramped for more than that. Window looked out to almost sea level which I love. Nice shampoo and soap. Good location/ one floor to Mosaic cafe and outside level to drink it.