Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by CruisinCorgan: Good Cruise, Great Destination!

CruisinCorgan
Member Since 2011
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises

Good Cruise, Great Destination!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seward

My husband and I took a 7 day cruise on the Celebrity Millennium and had a great time. I thought the ship was very pretty, clean and well laid out. The food was good, although I think Carnival's food is a bit better. The show the first night was boring. It was like watching "Dancing with the Stars" on TV. They did a ballroom dancing show. I was bored after 20 minutes and my husband was sleeping. The rest of the shows were better.

The first port Juneau was great..we did the Salmon bake and tour around the city. Don't miss the Red Dog Saloon!! Lots of fun!

Then onto Skagway! We had a great tour though the Red Onion Saloon and followed a tour guide dressed up as a "working girl" from the 1800s around as she gave a tour on town history and historical sites. Very good! We also took our own tour out to the gold miners area to see that...it was okay. Then we walked to the gardens there called "Jewell Gardens". You are supposed to be able to see the gardens and the glass More blowing (which I love to see). Well, the gardens were beautiful and the workers answer questions and are very nice. The glass blowing did not exist. I asked 3 times when and where to go to see it. They kept telling me it would start shortly just go wait. They did have some men getting ready to demo. Then a tour came in to see and I was told I could not come in with the tour....even though I had paid my money. By this time I could care less if the whole place burned down!!

The rest of the cruise was good but Ketchican and Icy Strait Point are a bit disappointing. But...I am glad I went to those ports at least once.

Alaska and all of its nature, trees, whales, birds, mountain, glaciers, snow and yes light rain was well worth it and I can't wait to go again. Next time maybe I will get to Sitka! Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 7094

Our cabin was fine. Of course you never have enough room for your clothes and shoes. Our steward kept it all clean all the time. The bed was hard and the pillows flat. I asked for a fluffy pillow and just got another flat one. :( I would def. go Celebrity again but they are not my favorite cruise line.

This is a quaint fishing village. The scene is beautiful. Not much to do here. We did take a walk through the rain forest there, ended up on the beach and found a humpback whale waiting for us. How Awesome!!!

Coming into Juneau was so pretty. The Salmon Bake tour was great. Don't forget to go to the Red Dog Saloon!!! Lots of fun!

Read 838 Juneau Reviews

I guess I didn't get much of what Ketchikan had to offer. There was a neat area where you could see some old homes over the rushing stream. This is the area that the married men used to go to when the were on their way out of town to go to the bordellos. Other than that you can see totem poles which were sort of interesting. Maybe I just did not see the right things.

We had fun there especially on the tour of the town with the "working girl" of 1800s. Great tour. Stay away from the Jewell Gardens as they don't deliver what the say they will. You can keep waiting all day to see the glass blowing part and then get told you can't come in...

Read 644 Skagway Reviews

We stayed at a great hotel here called the Listel. We caught the city bus and went to GasTown which is the older section with all the old gas operated lamp posts and wrought Iron work on the buildings and the older style of the homes... very very pretty. Didn't much care for Chinatown. Dirty place. We then took a "hop on hop off" tour the the city and Stanley Park... very pretty and well worth the money.