Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by CruisinCorgan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by CruisinCorgan
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: CruisinCorgan
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Seward
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Good Cruise, Great Destination!
My husband and I took a 7 day cruise on the Celebrity Millennium and had a great time. I thought the ship was very pretty, clean and well laid out. The food was good, although I think Carnival's food is a bit better. The show the first night was boring. It was like watching "Dancing with the Stars" on TV. They did a ballroom dancing show. I was bored after 20 minutes and my husband was sleeping. The rest of the shows were better.

The first port Juneau was great..we did the Salmon bake and tour around the city. Don't miss the Red Dog Saloon!! Lots of fun!

Then onto Skagway! We had a great tour though the Red Onion Saloon and followed a tour guide dressed up as a "working girl" from the 1800s around as she gave a tour on town history and historical sites. Very good! We also took our own tour out to the gold miners area to see that...it was okay. Then we walked to the gardens there called "Jewell Gardens". You are supposed to be able to see the gardens and the glass blowing (which I love to see). Well, the gardens were beautiful and the workers answer questions and are very nice. The glass blowing did not exist. I asked 3 times when and where to go to see it. They kept telling me it would start shortly just go wait. They did have some men getting ready to demo. Then a tour came in to see and I was told I could not come in with the tour....even though I had paid my money. By this time I could care less if the whole place burned down!!

The rest of the cruise was good but Ketchican and Icy Strait Point are a bit disappointing. But...I am glad I went to those ports at least once.

Alaska and all of its nature, trees, whales, birds, mountain, glaciers, snow and yes light rain was well worth it and I can't wait to go again. Next time maybe I will get to Sitka!

Publication Date: 09/28/11