Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by cassidycat: Boston to Bermuda

Boston to Bermuda

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Chose NCL Dawn due the convenience of sailing directly from Boston. Was pleasantly surprised at how my expectations were excelled day after day.

Embarkation was a breeze, parked in the garage around 11:30 and was on the ship enjoying a beverage about noon time!

Cruise Director Paul Scally was outstanding, right away he had the ship rocking as we left port in Boston, and he never stopped. He had a laughing and smiling all the time. His staff was outstanding as well, with the exception of Megan, who was just OK.

We chose to eat dinner at La Cucina the first night, since my wife is a vegetarian we did not opt for any of the other Specialty restaurants. The dinner was fine, but no better than the Venetian or the Aqua in my opinion. We were wary about Freestyle dining, but found it was nice not having to eat at a specific time. We dressed up for dinner each night, and found the Dress Code in the Venetian better for this. The entree portions were kind of small, More but I would order an additional appetizer or dessert each night. I was not disappointed in any meals throughout the week.

We went to all the Evening Shows in the Theatre. They were all good, our Favorites were Bollywood and Second City. Least favorite by far was Dave Heenan, he had some funny moments, but I think I would rather listen to him sing. Also - do not miss the show put on by the staff on the next to the last day, it is a must see.

Bermuda was awesome, first time visiting, and can not wait to go back. We were planning on Parasailing, but it was not available due to equipment malfunction. We opted to try the Segway Tour. It was a great tour and a fun time, I highly recommend it. We bought the Thermal Spa passes, which was worth the money, as we had the opportunity to use semi-private hot tubs and pool, and just chill out and recharge when needed. My wife did some spa treatments which she gives high praise to. The gym was well equipped with machines that were all in working order. We found the Fitness Director Mark to be a bit of a dud though.

The game shows in the Spinnaker lounge were a hoot, especially when Paul Scally is hosting.

We are not Bingo players, but played the last night. It was fun. Someone won a 7 night cruise, another lady won $10,000!

The only negative I can give this cruise is all the cigarette smoking. The casino was overwhelmingly smoky, and smoking was allowed on all decks. I feel that they should limit the areas that smoking is allowed, so non-smokers can avoid second hand smoke more easily. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 11023

Plenty of storage, bathroom bigger than expected. Slid the beds to right side of cabin to make some more room.

Leaving Boston was a breeze.

Read 216 Boston Reviews

Easy to get around on the busses and ferries. I recommend purchasing a 2 day bus pass, then stay in the Dockyard area the last day.

Do not miss - Horseshoe Bay and St. Georges.