Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by free2gofar

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by free2gofar
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: free2gofar
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: M
Cabin Number: P228
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Great cruise
The Caribbean Princess is a very large ship- over 3,000 passengers. The ship was fully booked for our cruise (the week before the hurricane). I was a little worried since some of the previous reviewers complained about there being no place to have some private time. I found lots of spots/deck chairs to sit and relax. I ate breakfasts in the buffet area, and lunch and dinner in the seated dining rooms. I was not able to get an assigned seating and actually hated having to line up for dinner for seating for the first 2 nights. The first night was extremely busy, and the second night was a formal night- also very busy. Trying to book a reservation by phone was frustrating. After 2 nights, once we started touring, free dining became less of a problem. I think Princess should have more fixed dining availability. Also, there was a time change of a hour when we arrived in Halifax but a lot of cruisers (myself included) did not see the tiny printed notice on the daily bulletin. The next time there was a time change, a large printed notice was sent to the cabins- I guess people complained.

The meals were very good, and if you did not choose to eat in the main seated dining rooms, there were lots of alternatives. Loved the beignets and croissants at the coffee/bakery section on the fifth floor. The staff is very multi national and were wonderful- great service,and very friendly . I will definitely be booking future Princess cruises. The quality of the food is very high in importance to me when choosing a cruise line . As cruise lines try to economize, they often do so at the expense of the quality of the food. I have been on a previous cruise (which will remain unnamed)in which the food was very mediocre.

It does not matter how great the sale , or how great the itinerary - I will never go on another cruise from that particular cruise line.

Publication Date: 09/26/11