Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by brent matthews: The NCL Epic .....different ....but not without problems.

Norwegian Epic 3
brent matthews

Overall Member Rating

The NCL Epic .....different ....but not without problems.

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I have just returned from an Epic 7 day cruise from Barcelona to Italy and Palma.

Firstly the ship is very clean and tidy but the rooms especially my single room was tiny.

I didnt think the meals were very good although there was plenty,the standard in the Manhatton and Spice was in my view of a lower standard than expected.Especially Manhatton which was poor and disappointing.

Why should you have to pay extra to eat in an alacarte restaurant when you have already paid for your meals ,I truly believe that this should be reviewed and if people want to eat at a higher standard then the meal price should be deducted from the alcarte price.Why pay twice!!Not fair at all.

The entertainment however was exceptional and very good.I could not fault this.

The drinks on board are not cheap and of course ecryone moans about the mandatory tips fiasco which is quite unfair and should be at ones discretion.

The service was excellent by the crew members and More deserves praise.

I hope my readers understand I am being totally honest and the holiday will be memorable so enjoy it and make lots of new friends,if you can find them as the ship is that big haha....happy holidays. Less

Published 09/26/11

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: T112574 Studio

Single studio was too small.

Read All Studio (T1) Reviews >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

brent matthews
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X