Azamara Quest Cruise Review by brownie32: An Experience To Remember

An Experience To Remember

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

Although I have cruised on at least eight other cruises, this was the first on a boutique(small ship) venue. We sailed on September 3rd from Istanbul to Athens. I was impressed by many facets, but for my tastes there were things that I missed.

The most noticeable impression was the food and wine, which was just amazing. Choosing Prime C and Aqualina for a dinner was even more amazing. The best food I ever had at sea. The staff also was so delightful and pleasant. From the waiters to the cabin staff, everyone seemed to be enjoying their job.

I don't overlook the amenities such as the bottles of water you took on you shore excursions. They were needed.

The cabins were nice sized and for an outside stateroom,very pleasant. It was very easy to find your way on a small ship like this.

As far as the itinerary, I felt that there were too many Greek Islands that didn't stand out(Kos and Aigina), and staying until 10-11 PM offered very little benefit to 95% More of the passengers since shops and the casino couldn't open. By the time we left the ports, most people were in their cabins.

Now this is no a complaint,but for my taste, the experience was too sedate. I don't like hairy chest contests, or videos in your face, but a little more and better entertainment would do wonders. The shows were boring and the keyboard playing in the lounge was awful. A comedian would have been nice. I guess that many seniors like this atmosphere so the cruise gave them what they wanted. My wife and I like to dance, and most nights the venue was dead. Certainly if you are younger than 45 you wouldn't like this cruise. By the way, we are in our 60's.

So all in all it was an enjoyable time but maybe we would be looking for a little more from the venue, but not the mega ships with their rude passengers and screaming children.

By the way, I would like to thank Azamara for providing buses to every one's hotel for a nominal charge, due to the taxi strike in Athens(that's another story). Less

Published 09/26/11

4 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X