“Fred Olsen top of class”
Cruise review of Fred. Olsen Boudicca

alistair thomson Boudicca 5 Fred Olsen top of class
alistair thomson
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Embarked from Greenock which is surely the best port in the UK for ease of embarkation. Boarding was easy and completely stress free and took approx 30 minutes from arrival to cabin.

Cabin was a superior outside which was spotless and roomy with tons of luggage space and all the required facilities.

The ship itself was small enough to be intimate and large enough to give ample variety.Our fellow passengers ranged in age from about 30-90 and all being Brits were very friendly leading to us meeting lots of new friends.

Dining was a very positive experience with the food in all the eating places being varied and of the highest standard. We even went along with the formal evenings and surprisingly found this to be a very enjoyable part of the cruise and well worth the effort.The ships company were the best I have encountered on any kind of holiday ,being always attentive,helpful and polite and nothing seemed to be a problem for them.

The bars and entertainment areas were again first class and on board entertainment was of the highest order and the price of drinks were roughly uk pub prices or cheaper. I did hear one or two moan about various aspects but could not understand why. I suppose some people are just programmed to moan no matter what.

The only single complaint I had was that there were not enough outdoor areas to have a smoke and this took a little bit off the enjoyment for me...not the biggest issue,but...if you are a smoker?

Would I cruise again with Fred Olsen? Yes I cant wait but only from a UK port and hopefully Fred Olsen and others might attempt more departures from Greenock which now attracts about 30 odd ships as a port of call. Overall 9.5 out of 10 for a great experience

Boudicca Cruises to Canary Islands

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Boudicca Review
Boudicca Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?