Carnival Victory Cruise Review by LadyJac: Great time had by all

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

Great time had by all

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: San Juan

We choose our ships largely because of the itinerary. This was my second time sailing on Victory (the first was in 2005) and it was great to see so many updates (most notably the seaside theater). Granted it is an older ship and this showed mostly in our cabin bathroom (alot of cracks and wear and tear) but honestly it didn't even matter. I love Carnival and have been tempted to try other cruise lines, but if you truly want a fun ship cruise, Carnival is where it's at.

My kids had a great time in Camp Carnival, although I think the babysitting fees are ridiculous, and I was quite shocked that Carnival had changed their policy of both 2 kids for $10 an hour without updating their website. As you can imagine I wasn't too pleased when I got my bill.

As usual the shows were excellent (although it's definitely time to do away with the Legends Show - or at least introduce new celebrities). MATT was by FAR the BEST cruise director EVER!!!!! He was so vibrant and visible More ALL over the ship. I wonder if he ever slept! He really did a FANTASTIC job. Sparkle was too old to be called Sparkle and did not sparkle too much. She should not work with MATT. She was too sparkle-less.

The food was pretty good as usual. Although the Mexican midnight buffet didn't go over too well in my opinion. No-one wants to eat that so late at night. I say bring back the dessert buffet!!!!

The islands were all beautiful (St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts). Didn't do any ship excursions. We negotiated our own and got good deals.

Kids should not be allowed in the hottubs. They seemed to think it was an extension of the pool and were diving in. I saw a security guard ONCE telling a kid not to jump in, but he didn't say they couldn't go in. Hence my trip to Serenity which is an AWESOME idea. Quite secluded and just great for couples. Another nice addition.

All in all a GREAT vacation. Looking forward to sailing on the new Carnival Breeze! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>