1. We peformed all of our Pre-Check in online, so once we got to the ship everything went smoothly from dropping off our bags, going thru security, getting on the ship and getting to our room. We were on the ship within 10 minutes of arriving. Went straight to our room and proferred to wait for our bags to come before leaving the room. Amazingly, they were there in about 30 minutes later.
2. We were able to see every show. Chicago(very good), Blue Planet(excellent), Comedy Show(excellent), Ocean Aria(very good), Headliner(very entertaining) and Ice Games(not great, just okay). It is best to reserve these shows online well before you sale. We were able to reserve all of the shows in advance except Blue Planet the Comedy Show. We were still able to get in because they open it 10 minutes for standby. For the days that cruising, everyone is trying to get into the shows that are available since they've been on the ship all day. More
Blue Planet started at 9pm and the line formed at 8pm with the standby line RIDICULOUSLY long. Reserve EARLY.
3. We enjoyed two clubs. Depending on the mood, we chose Blaze and Dazzles. Bolero's was always TOO smokey and I just couldn't take it.
4. For breakfast, we preferred getting up early enought for Adagio's. We tried Windjammers one morning and it was WAY too crowded. For those days we that we didn't have a port of call, lunch at Windjammers was good but we got there when it first opened and that made it more pleasant since it wasn't crowded. I liked the dinners at Adagio. Our wait staff was always very pleasant and very responsive.
5. I think overall they did a great job of always having something fun and entertaining throughout the day. The "Quest Show" that done one night in Studio B...THIS WAS FUNNY AS HECK!!! This is an interactive event and your fellow cruisers will do just about anything for a free key ring. If this show is on the itinerary do not miss. You will walk away crying from laughter.
Now the gratuties. First, we did not pre-pay our vouchers. There is an option of providing an envelope with cash enclosed, which is what we chose to do. I could understand how some of the reviewers who used pre-paid vouchers would be put off by gratuties for wait staff if they never used main dining. However because we used main dining, we had no issue with giving our wait staff the envelopes on the last night of dining. As for our stateroom attendant, this guy was exceptional and we really had no issue with tipping him. My husband has a bad back and the bed was just too soft for him so he did not sleep well the first night and was stiff the next day. We inquired with our stateroom attendant about trying to make the bed firmer and he found a way. He also kept that clean and refreshed. This dude was working his butt off on that floor. As for all the other gratuties everytime you buy a drink...that's a little too much.
Overall, we got our money's worth because we saw everything and took advantage of everything that was offered at no cost. Less
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean