Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Maryunit65: Sept 15th 2011 Bermuda Cruise

Sept 15th 2011 Bermuda Cruise

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Charleston

Just returned from Bermuda on Carnival Fantasy.....Not the best experience I have ever had on a Carnival Fun Ship and I have had 17. If you absolutely have to sail out of Charleston then I guess it will do.....If you have never sailed on Carnival on the newer, nicer ships, I guess it will do........If you know the service that Carnival provides on other ships & if you know the usual condition of the ships and the "You are important to us" attitude on most of the other ships you will probably be disappointed on this ship. Trust me, make the drive to (at least) Jacksonville and Enjoy what Carnival REALLY has to offer!

The Food was merely "OK" compared to other Carnival Ships. The Crew Members were "OK" compared to other Carnival Ships. If you want to Smell "Sewer Gas Smell" for your entire trip, This is the ship for YOU! If you enjoy waiting for an HOUR and a HALF for your main course at dinner, This is the Ship for You!

If you like Balcony rooms DO NOT WASTE YOUR More MONEY ON A SUITE ON THIS SHIP. I paid the extra for a special time and to get a suite and got nothing more than a min category balcony room on any other ship but yet paid for a suite...The Ship is in BAD need of repair. Don't waste your money on a suite....Balcony is SO SMALL you cannot sit in the chair and fit your legs between the chair and the rail. You have to turn your chair sideways to sit. We stacked ours to one side and at least 3 people could stand comfortably at the rail and look out. 4 could fit but BARELAY. The AC did not work properly and they checked it twice but said there was nothing they could do....We are paying for a suite and had to have an electric fan to keep from sweating in bed???? .... PLEASE ....If they paid $34 Mil to refurb this ship they forgot their change!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Carnival....I am a "Platinum" member working toward my "Milestone". but this ship was a real disappointment. I just sailed on the Fascination in July (which is a sister ship to the Fantasy) and the condition of the ship...the crew....the food...far surpass the Fantasy. We even had a crew member tell my daughter is law that she was lying about an issue that she was inquiring about. When I went and "called him out on it" he backed down and tried to be pleasant. However this same crew member handled me to purchase a certificate for a future cruise. This morning when we got up to leave the ship......You guessed it....NO CERTIFICATE.... The offer was only good while on the ship to get free on board credit with the purchase of this certificate. I guess he got the last laugh...Well...at least until I get Guest Services on the phone tomorrow. I have still not found out from my credit card company if he billed it but I should know that by tomorrow also.

Anyway Like I said I love Carnival and I am not trying to "BASH" Carnival here. Just The Fantasy.....Do yourself a favor....If you live in Charleston (As I do) Drive to Jacksonville....You will be much happier. I plan on cruising again in February to take my grandson...You can bet I will make the drive to Jax or beyond..... Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy V-17

Don't waste your money on a suite....Balcony is SO SMALL you cannot sit in the chair and fit your legs between the chair and the rail. You have to turn your chair sideways to sit. We stacked ours to one side and at least 3 people could stand comfortably at the rail and look out. 4 could fit but BARELAY. The AC did not work properly and they checked it twice but said there was nothing they could do....We are paying for a suite and had to have an electric fan to keep from sweating in bed???? PLEASE

Bermuda was a beautiful Island. Even though we were there from 4pm on one day until 4pm the following day carnival bills the cruise as 2 days in Bermuda! If you want to go to Bermuda, take Royal Caribbean or Norwegian. They actually do 2 days there and not the 4pm to 8pm and everything closes, then your usual 1 day in port. The ships don't suggest renting scooters and I understand people get hurt on them because of the driving of the locals and these passengers not being used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, BUT if you have half a brain and can handle riding a motorcycle I found it to be a great way to get around and see the island.