Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by 6pajank6: Eclipse-Western Caribbean 7 day cruise

6pajank6
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Western Caribbean Cruises

Eclipse-Western Caribbean 7 day cruise

Sail Date: February 2010

This was our 7th cruise and our 2nd cruise without the kids. The Celebrity Eclipse was a great ship! Very clean and well designed. We had 7 couples join our vacation and our staterooms were all together in a row, and the steward opened the doors between our balconies, THAT WAS AWESOME! We had our own little party patio! By far the best feature is being able to open the balconies!

Stateroom: Our stateroom was #7260, pretty typical set-up, bed, TV, sofa, bathroom and balcony. Plenty of storage in closets and under beds. I enjoyed the complientary roomservice every morning. Nothing like coffee and sweet rolls out at sea.

The ship was tasteully decorated and well lite. Dining rooms were a little dim at dinner. I never searched for a pool chair, even if I got up for lunch and gave up my chair to return later, I always found another one. The casino was nice. Theater shows average. Lounges and bars were fabulous! The ice bar is awesome, but the most spectacular was the More Sunset Bar with Milton (from Jamaica)tending bar! Best spot on the ship in the late afternoons.

My husband and I purchased the beverage packages (alcohol) and it was well worth it! He and I both tried different beverages every afternoon and always had wine with dinner.

Ports were average. The nicest port was Roatan. The funnest port was Costa Maya but all we did there was go to Senior Frogs and purchase Foakley's for our kids for $20 each. Grand Cayman Motor Museum was a waste of time. The guys I went with are car fanatic's and it took them maybe an hour to see EVERYTHING.

Cozumel was ... well Cozumel, stay on board next time.

Leaving and re boarding the ship was easy, not very time consuming, and if the line was long, they offered ice water and a cool rag under a tent.

The cruise was nice, but the service was not. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. At dinner the wait staff never remembered our names or drink preference like on other cruise lines. I never saw my steward, which is OK, our room was always very clean. Some of the bar tenders were...snobs! Milton was the only one who acted like he wanted to be there.

I would go on this cruise line again, but I won't take my children as there is nothing for them to do. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 7260

The hall way was a little noisy, but that's just rude people, not the cruise line's fault. Nice closet space Nice bathrooms (you have to get a hairdryer from concierge desk, it's not in the statetoom) The balconies are the BEST thing if you have rooms next to each other, open them up and party on! They took pictures every day and night, we purchased 4 8x10's for $100.00 I think. We bought the alcohol package for $313.95 per person and IT WAS WORTH IT! you felt like you had to get your money's worth, but also tried new drinks everyday. If you add up the $7-$10 drinks per day, maybe 3ish in the afternoon and 2ish glasses of wine at dinner, then maybe a nightcap at the entertainment, you'll not loose money. Lastly, PLEASE, Celebrity Cruise Line: PLAY SOME GOOD MUSIC BY THE POOL! No steel drums EVER! it was always elvator music! When on a tropical cruise people want to hear TROPICAL music! Overall the cruise was nice, not the best, not the funnest (kind of stuffy) but very clean. The food was average, I've had better meals and desserts on Carnival many times.