Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by 6pajank6

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: 6pajank6
Cruise Date: February 2010
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Eclipse-Western Caribbean 7 day cruise
This was our 7th cruise and our 2nd cruise without the kids. The Celebrity Eclipse was a great ship! Very clean and well designed. We had 7 couples join our vacation and our staterooms were all together in a row, and the steward opened the doors between our balconies, THAT WAS AWESOME! We had our own little party patio! By far the best feature is being able to open the balconies!

Stateroom: Our stateroom was #7260, pretty typical set-up, bed, TV, sofa, bathroom and balcony. Plenty of storage in closets and under beds. I enjoyed the complientary roomservice every morning. Nothing like coffee and sweet rolls out at sea.

The ship was tasteully decorated and well lite. Dining rooms were a little dim at dinner. I never searched for a pool chair, even if I got up for lunch and gave up my chair to return later, I always found another one. The casino was nice. Theater shows average. Lounges and bars were fabulous! The ice bar is awesome, but the most spectacular was the Sunset Bar with Milton (from Jamaica)tending bar! Best spot on the ship in the late afternoons.

My husband and I purchased the beverage packages (alcohol) and it was well worth it! He and I both tried different beverages every afternoon and always had wine with dinner.

Ports were average. The nicest port was Roatan. The funnest port was Costa Maya but all we did there was go to Senior Frogs and purchase Foakley's for our kids for $20 each. Grand Cayman Motor Museum was a waste of time. The guys I went with are car fanatic's and it took them maybe an hour to see EVERYTHING.

Cozumel was ... well Cozumel, stay on board next time.

Leaving and re boarding the ship was easy, not very time consuming, and if the line was long, they offered ice water and a cool rag under a tent.

The cruise was nice, but the service was not. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. At dinner the wait staff never remembered our names or drink preference like on other cruise lines. I never saw my steward, which is OK, our room was always very clean. Some of the bar tenders were...snobs! Milton was the only one who acted like he wanted to be there.

I would go on this cruise line again, but I won't take my children as there is nothing for them to do.

Publication Date: 09/24/11