Norwegian Star Cruise Review by AliciaSK: Had a good time

Had a good time

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Last minute, budget, cruise to Alaska. First time on Norwegian. We were warned both online and off not to expect the service or experience we had with Princess or RCI or even Carnival. So, we came with low expectations.

I thought I would post a few thoughts for others who are undecided if Norwegian is worth trying.

It was as good as any other cruise in most ways, better than some in others. The staff on the STAR were without exception friendly, helpful, polite. This made the cruise for us.

The food was unpredictable. In the main dining room portions were small but for the most part very good. In the buffet it was hit or miss be we always found something to enjoy (loved the breads). We only tried one fee place the food was excellent and if that is what cruising is about to you I would budget to pay for the better food options. Only once did we wait for seating at dinner, we were handed a pager that went off in less than 10 minutes.

The music was More very good, the shows mostly good and that is so subjective my fellow travelers found the shows very good. The "Elements" was quite a production.

The Embarkation and Debarkation were the smoothest we have ever enjoyed as was every time they we were in port and people were getting on and off I was very impressed with their people handling.

We did not do shore excursions this trip and still managed to enjoy our cruise very much. I would totally try Norwegian again and would compliment the STAR on their staff. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 10103

Small as expected, very quiet location, near elevators. The bathroom was big and we liked the doors rather than a curtain on the shower. Better then we expected.