Carnival Elation Cruise Review by windjammers21

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by windjammers21
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: windjammers21
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Mobile
Cabin Category: 4A
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Bingo anyone? Zzzzzzz.......
While I realize I may be a little bias having sailed on the Conquest last year (a lot larger and a lot more updated) I found the Elation to be boring. While I understand that the cruise line could not control the weather (raining), the activities throughout the day were few and far between or downright boring. Bingo seemed to be the going theme on this cruise (which of course was an extra charge.) Once again, I am comparing my opinion to the Conquest in which my favorite days were at sea because they had so much activities going on that you didn't know which activity you'd rather do. Whereas the Elation, I was ready to go home.

In addition, our cleaning person was not well trained (or just not very good and needs to look at other job options.) Our room had gone without cleaning for too long of period of time and not to sound petty but we didn't have towel animals twice because he forgot to come back. Our neighbors next to us set a tray out in the hall and I KNOW it was sitting out there for at least 3 hours before it was taken away. Now, I know this is not the same experience in which our fellow cruiser had because they seemed quite happy about their service.

Lastly, I realize that people are out to have fun, but there should be limitations to what is appropriate in public areas. As we were sitting in the hot tub with people we didn't know there was a drunk couple showing far to much PDA (and possibly more but not sure)in the family area (not the adults only). I really think when it gets to that point employees should step in and ask people to proceed to their room. Needless to say, my husband and I got out. Ick!

Food was wonderful and so were the entertainment staff. Loved the shows!

Overall I give this a C+ experience.

Publication Date: 09/24/11