“Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

rabbott5 Carnival Valor 5 Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
rabbott5
Member Since 2002
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Sailed 01/23/2005. My wife and are are divers and this ship stops at some of the best dive locations in the world. Belize was great. While the ship stops 5 miles off shore and most tours are tendered in, the dive boat picks you up from the ship. Did two very nice dives. The dive company was great. VERY SAFE.

Roatan was the best diving I have ever done. Lots of marine life, healthy corals, great wall, swim thru's. I could go on and on.

Cayman. I have vacationed on Cayman for the past two years. Cayman is always a good dive choice. We did not dive here, but rented a van and drove around the island. We wanted to see how well they are doing after Ivan. Georgetown is in good shape as well as Rum Point. Seven mile beach is hit and miss. A lot of resorts are still working on their property. The rest of the island is in poor condition. Boden is almost gone. It will take years to recover.

Cozumel. All I can say is Carlos and Charlies.

The Valor: Our wait staff was great. Ben, Olga, James. They made us feel at home. Took care of everything. Thanks. While I'm sure there are many "HOT" spots on the ship, we found the aft pool bar to be great. Bar staff hustles, two hot tubs, pool, 24 hour pizza and if it gets cold or rains they can close the roof. One night it got a little cool and they closed it.

While the food, drink, staff and shows were great, the ship for being new and their "Flagship" was average. If this is Carnival's best ship I wouldn't go on an older ship. She was four weeks old and fit and finish of the ship was below average. We saw several things loose, missing and broken. I know most people won't have a problem with it, it just seemed cheap.

Overall we had a great time. Great friends and great destinations.

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?