Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Scubagirl72

3-6 5.0
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 5.0

Cruising at it's best!
We had a wonderful time on the Norwegian Spirit. This was my husbands first cruise and my second. Needless to say he is hooked now. We loved the freestyle cruising. My DH doesn't like to dress up but I do sometimes. We traveled with a group of 23 people and there was always something for us to do or not to do if we chose. Our inside family stateroom was much bigger than I thought it would be. We had a category I2 aft on the 9th floor. My friends were jealous of all the additional space that we had. Our room was below the Charlie's Childcare Center and right above the Stardust Theater. I know that it sounds like a bad place for your room but it worked out really great. We never heard the noise from the theater and all you heard from the kid center was occasional running during the middle of the day but it wasn't bad at all. I would take that room again in a heartbeat. We were so close to the buffet and the kiddie pool. The Spirit is a smaller ship than what I sailed on last time so you will feel the movement of the boat and you can feel the vibrations of the engines when the boat is turning from our stateroom but it wasn't bad and actually lulled us to sleep at night. The beds are really comfy and the pull out chair is fine for kids but not so much for adults.

We were a little scared about the food on the cruise because of some of the reviews that we had read but we thought the food was great. We ate most of our dinners in the Garden Restaurant and breakfast at the buffet. Lunch was either at the buffet or the Blue Lagoon. If you love tomato soup you must try it at the Blue Lagoon. It was fabulous! The fish and chips were good there as well.

The entertainment was good. Some shows were better than others. We loved the game shows and the night clubs. My children enjoyed the childcare center. One of the kids in our group never wanted to leave. Overall I'd say that we had a wonderful experience and we can't wait to take another cruise with Norwegian.

Publication Date: 09/23/11