Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Scubagirl72: Cruising at it's best!

Norwegian Spirit 5
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Cruising at it's best!

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had a wonderful time on the Norwegian Spirit. This was my husbands first cruise and my second. Needless to say he is hooked now. We loved the freestyle cruising. My DH doesn't like to dress up but I do sometimes. We traveled with a group of 23 people and there was always something for us to do or not to do if we chose. Our inside family stateroom was much bigger than I thought it would be. We had a category I2 aft on the 9th floor. My friends were jealous of all the additional space that we had. Our room was below the Charlie's Childcare Center and right above the Stardust Theater. I know that it sounds like a bad place for your room but it worked out really great. We never heard the noise from the theater and all you heard from the kid center was occasional running during the middle of the day but it wasn't bad at all. I would take that room again in a heartbeat. We were so close to the buffet and the kiddie pool. The Spirit is a smaller ship than what I sailed on last time so you More will feel the movement of the boat and you can feel the vibrations of the engines when the boat is turning from our stateroom but it wasn't bad and actually lulled us to sleep at night. The beds are really comfy and the pull out chair is fine for kids but not so much for adults.

We were a little scared about the food on the cruise because of some of the reviews that we had read but we thought the food was great. We ate most of our dinners in the Garden Restaurant and breakfast at the buffet. Lunch was either at the buffet or the Blue Lagoon. If you love tomato soup you must try it at the Blue Lagoon. It was fabulous! The fish and chips were good there as well.

The entertainment was good. Some shows were better than others. We loved the game shows and the night clubs. My children enjoyed the childcare center. One of the kids in our group never wanted to leave. Overall I'd say that we had a wonderful experience and we can't wait to take another cruise with Norwegian. Less

Published 09/23/11

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: I29203 Family Inside

Cabin 9203 - Category I2, inside family cabin. Very spacious. We had four people and all of our own dive gear in there and still had plenty of room. You can feel the vibration of the engine sometimes but that was fine with us. If you want a quieter room then pick a more forward cabin. If you want a room close to all the kid activities then this is the room for you. I would pick it again in a heartbeat.

Read All Family Inside (I2) Reviews >>

Belize is a lot more built up than the previous two ports. We again went scuba diving with a local company.

We did not book our excursion through the ship. We went scuba diving with a local company. Costa Maya looks like a third world country but do your homework before you go about whatever you want to do and you should be fine.

Read 1421 Costa Maya Reviews

Cozumel is the most built up and touristy of all the places we went. The shopping is better. We went to the Chankanaab National Park. You pay the park admission and there is so much to do there. You can sit on the beach and relax, snorkel, swim with dolphins, watch the sea lion shows, scuba dive and so much more. I would highly recommend it.

Read 4621 Cozumel Reviews

Roatan is a little more built up than Costa Maya. It is very lush and green. Again, we went scuba diving at a resort called CoCo View and we loved it. The taxi ride in any of these places is always an adventure in itself.

Read 2217 Roatan Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X