Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by EssexSyd: What a week

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Canada & New England Cruises

What a week

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our second cruise after a two year break and to be honest I was not sure if crusing was for me. This cruise changed my mind. From start to finish it was superb and you could not have wanted for better weather.

Our arrival into JFK was on time and although Princess Cruises were there to meet us, we had arranged private transport to the Shereton as we did not was to hang about waiting for other passangers. This paid dividends as it was the weekend of 9/11 and security was tight which meant extended time getting to the Hotel. Having said that my wife was shopping by 4pm!!!

The Shereton would not have been our personal choice for the enforced overnight stay but it did. Tansfer to the Ship was fine as was check in and we were quickly in our cabin.

Roy, our Steward ensured we had everything we needed and was on hand throughout the cruise. He even arranged for my Son's shoes to be cleaned, which I had deemed a Bio-Hazard and would have been prepared to More have thrown them overboard.

We dined twice in the Grill which was superb and well worth the cover charge. Although we had 8pm set time dining, we did not do this and preferred to eat at the buffet but this was just a personal choice.

Disembarkation was fine although I did feel it was a case of 'you have had your cruise now get off'.

Due to the time of our flight we did then have a 6 hour tour of NY on a coach, which was part of the package. This was not through choice as we have been to NY on several visits and would have preferred to do our own thing. However, the question was what do you do with the luggage? So excursion it was. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess Grand Suite with Balcony Aloha A750

It was the Grand Suite, what more need I say.

Really loved Bar Harbor. Tender transfer was fine. Weather was amazing and I had my Lobster Roll, which was worth every dollar. Only observation is that it is geared towards the Cruise ships and very commercial but we found some lovely places once we came off the main street.

Simple for this, not enough time. You have to be back on the ship by 3.30pm which gives you hardly enough time to touch the surface of Boston. For the English reading this, Quincy Market is Covent Garden, London.

Read 216 Boston Reviews

My wife discovered Le Chateau and I was $2000 poorer at the end of her visit. Need I say more

Read 338 Halifax Reviews

You can understand why the rich and famous come here. We just enjoyed the day wandering around.

Read 121 Newport Reviews

Although misty on arrival this soon burnt off. Although not big it was enjoyable just to walk around.