“Boudicca welcome to Club 80 to 130.”
Cruise review of Fred. Olsen Boudicca

Tom Walker Boudicca 2 Boudicca welcome to Club 80 to 130.
Tom Walker
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We boarded the good ship Boudicca on 20th August at Rosyth in Scotland. The cabin was at best adequate, much smaller than any other cruise ship we'd been on and wardrobe space was minimal to say the least but we only had to sleep shower and dress there so no great problem.

Food to start with was excellent but seem to deteriorate as the cruise went on, breakfast never seemed quite up to scratch from the start but on the whole we were quite happy with the food.

Entertainment, now there's something I can truly cringe about even now, the show troop were ok but the brass section of the orchestra yes the orchestra could barely play in tune. The cabaret acts were aimed at an audience in their seventies and while I'm 60 years old myself I cringed virtually on a nightly basis at the offerings (the acts were mostly quite good ,just targeted at old people). This brings us to the lounge entertainers, one was ok to passable but the duo was horrific as in the female vocalist could not hold a tune at all, how she managed to get the job I'll never know.

The crew were on the whole the saviours of the ship for the most part, the smiled a lot, worked very hard and seemed to do their best, they didn't seem quite as smiley the last morning of the cruise at breakfast, but we'd given them their tips the night before but maybe I'm just cynical.

Ports of call all I can say is thank the Lord for Tallin in Estonia,StPetersburg and Travemunde as they were superb, StPetersburg should be on everyone's list of places to go, it was fabulous.

I won't go on forever. We met lots of very very nice people on the cruise (D1117) but I'll never cruise again with Fred Olsen. The cruise was well overpriced for the experience and everything was designed for older people than I'll ever be. The cruise while it had some good stuff was overall a great disappointment.
Boudicca Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

G3097
Cosy but adequate pity about the creaking panels. Kept very tidy by the invisible steward.
Published 09/21/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Boudicca Review
Boudicca Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?