Thomson Dream 5

“Paradise on the Ocean!”
Cruise review of Thomson Dream

Chris Edwards

Overall Member Rating

Not having cruised previously my wife and I had some apprehension. This was unfounded as we really enjoyed the whole experience.

The cabin was surprisingly spacious and well appointed.

The transfers to and from the airport were very smooth, much better than previous experiences with hotel based holidays.

The entertainment was varied, plentiful and catered for all tastes, from live music to game show/competition based plus full blown West End style shows that were highly professional.

The food options were equally varied with several options in different locations at the same time.

I had worried about sea sickness as I have suffered with this previously and believe it or not cannot go on an airbed without feeling sick. However, despite eating and drinking plenty, I had not even the slightest nausea all week.

Having been to numerous 3/4 star hotels on all inclusive over the years, I can state the drinks available on board on the all More inclusive package were second to none. With the exception of what I would describe as ultra premium drinks such as Moet, Glenmorangie, vintage brandies, all drinks were available including international brands. The only more standard drink with a supplement was Jack Daniels, although Jim Beam was a more than adequate alternative.

Soft drinks were served in individual cans, the vast majority of cocktails were also included.

Would recommend this cruise very strongly. Less

Overall Ratings

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

OU5145
Outside plus, larger than expected window, much larger than expected cabin. On 5th floor, don't think that being higher up the boat is necessarily better, some of the higher windows are obstructed by life boats etc. Very comfortable, large bed.

Fairly long walk, approx 30 mins from boat to train station where it was easy to catch a train to Herculaneum. Fairly interesting to look around. Naples itself on the other hand, very busy, noisy, rough in places. The parts we saw were not to be recommended.

Read 946 Naples Reviews

We sailed from here, didn't get much opportunity to look around, the marina looked pretty, the cathedral also looked impressive.

Published 09/21/11

Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?