Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Green Boy: 2nd time for the Valor.. and loved it again

Green Boy
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

2nd time for the Valor.. and loved it again

Sail Date: September 2011

This was my 9th cruise, and my 2nd on the Valor. I just love this ship, it does need a little fixing up in places but nothing that would mess up a d trip.

we sailed out on 9-11 and I must say how nice it was for the cruise terminal to pause for a moment of silence and someone sang the Star Spangle Banner, it was very touching.

ok, now on to the cruise, had VIP boarding ( loved it )

we went to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk... loved 3 out of 4. Did not like San Juan, if we go back here, i'm sure I will stay on the ship. this was my second time at San Juan and 2 times is enough for me.

our room steward was excellent, her name was Enos, and she was the best.. after the extra tip she got, I had to give her a big hug...

and our wait staff was just as good, called us by name's after the first night.

and the food was better than I had hoped for. I have been hearing reports of the food going down hill, well IMHO I More thought the food in the dining room was delicious. did not eat at the buffet much, but what I had was ok, and the burrito bar was excellent...

loved the "far from over" show, have seen this several times and this time was the best show of all

I don't know why so many people are knocking Carnival, you hear bad reports about the ships, the food, the staff, but I can honestly say this was one of the best cruises I have had. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>