Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Green Boy

Member Name: Green Boy
Cruise Date: September 2011
Cabin Category: 8C

2nd time for the Valor.. and loved it again
This was my 9th cruise, and my 2nd on the Valor. I just love this ship, it does need a little fixing up in places but nothing that would mess up a d trip.

we sailed out on 9-11 and I must say how nice it was for the cruise terminal to pause for a moment of silence and someone sang the Star Spangle Banner, it was very touching.

ok, now on to the cruise, had VIP boarding ( loved it )

we went to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk... loved 3 out of 4. Did not like San Juan, if we go back here, i'm sure I will stay on the ship. this was my second time at San Juan and 2 times is enough for me.

our room steward was excellent, her name was Enos, and she was the best.. after the extra tip she got, I had to give her a big hug...

and our wait staff was just as good, called us by name's after the first night.

and the food was better than I had hoped for. I have been hearing reports of the food going down hill, well IMHO I thought the food in the dining room was delicious. did not eat at the buffet much, but what I had was ok, and the burrito bar was excellent...

loved the "far from over" show, have seen this several times and this time was the best show of all

I don't know why so many people are knocking Carnival, you hear bad reports about the ships, the food, the staff, but I can honestly say this was one of the best cruises I have had.

Publication Date: 09/21/11