Crown Princess Cruise Review by rasybanks: Recent Trans Atlantic on Crown Princess

Crown Princess 3
rasybanks
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Recent Trans Atlantic on Crown Princess

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

My husband and I flew into Southhampton just before Hurricane Irene struck the coast of USA. We had no problems at Heathrow;picked up by Princess reps and proceeded to ship. Embarkation went nice and smooth and we were on the ship and having lunch by 1 pm. Then the drill; a code alpha was called and because of a medical emergency left late ( no problem). During the night another emergency occurred and the captain needed to return to Southhampton, ( regrettable as we missed Bergen but a human life is important). I was not impressed by Lerwick as our guide to Scalloway was not great and did not receive adequate info.The Faroe Islands and trip to Vestmanna cliffs was excellent. Then Irene moved in again and had very rough weather after here. Then at Akerryie in Iceland had a great day and excellent tour. Then rough seas for a few hours and then on to Rekyavik. Had an excellent all day tour here. Then 2 days at sea as we headed for Nuuk. Another great day and I did not find Greenland as More cold as I had expected. Actually very pleasant. Then back to sea. Unfortunately because of weather we were forced to miss the 2nd stop. What I find strange was why we did not stop there first? So we now had 4 days at sea before arrival in Halifax. Very sunny and warm but because of 3 very large cruise lines they were overwhelmed. Do not take the Hop Off and On as it is not needed. Disembarkation in New York was terrible. It took forever. They need to learn from the Brits and I am not a Brit.

What I liked on princess:the entertainment was very good; the staff was helpful and the self service laundry is a definite plus.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: THE FOOD. Princess serves some of the most mediocre food of all the cruise lines out there. With the problem of obesity today why are they constantly serving COLD CUTS instead of the real thing??

Buffet choices were poor and repetitious.

Movies under the stars was a joke in these northern waters.. Put on the TV as the movies would have been nice to watch

The rooms: had a balcony cabin but much different from Royal and Celebrity that provide a proper sitting area. Had a still neck and sore eyes from trying to watch TV

Also tell us about the ports of call before we get there. Not that day Less

Published 09/21/11

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Cabin review:

Closet space was adequate;plenty of hangers; nice balcony but missed the sofa that we had on Royal and Celebrity Tv badly placed making it hard to view.

Skip X