Carnival Elation Cruise Review by dragonfly161: Made the best of it...Carnival Elation 9-6 to 9-10-2011

dragonfly161
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Made the best of it...Carnival Elation 9-6 to 9-10-2011

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Mobile

My husband and I took our first cruise scheduled to leave on Sept. 5th, 2011. Tropical Storm Lee had other plans. Due to the ship not being able to come back into port because of rough seas, our cruise was shorted from 5 days to 4 days and we lost our Calica port.

The ship was beautiful and the service was excellent and so we decided to have a great time in spite of the weather. The first day at sea was dotted with some rain showers but we shopped and explored the ship as it rained. We really wanted to be in the pool and hot tub! :)

We arrived in Cozumel one day later than was originally planned and we had the Sea Trek excursion booked early on so we made our way to the end of the pier right off the ship. We were told that it had been cancelled because they were expecting a strong north wind and all water activities had been cancelled. Well, as disappointing as it was, we made our way on to the shops in Cozumel. Had breakfast at a wonderful little restaurant on a More balcony overlooking the sea. Shared our nibbles with a persistent bird friend who looked as though he KNEW he'd get a bite or two and had done it before! It was very nice.

After much more shopping and sightseeing, we had lunch at another wonderful little place. The best guacamole in the world...especially the chips. Found some delightful deals on our shopping tour. Stopped by the sea and took nice photos of sail boats and a catamaran.

Heading back to the ship, we noticed all the water sports happening! Ours was cancelled, the weather was beautiful the entire day, and at some point they opened them up. Ok, ok...not to be down on a lovely day we let that go. Still smiling!

The very last night at sea, before returning to Mobile the next day, my husband and I decide to hang out some on the Lido deck with some new-found friends. At about 6:45 pm they had everyone get out of the pool and hot tub and started cleaning up! It was supposed to be open until 8! Then as we sit and stew a bit about yet another thing we had to give up, they ask us to move to the other side of the ship so they can move all our tables and chairs to clean up on our side. We about flipped. It was like they were in a hurry to get rid of us!!! We left and came back a little later and the hot tub was open again so we enjoyed it for about an hour before they closed it again.

All in all we had a wonderful time but I think it was more our attitudes than the actual misfortunes we continued to get hammered with at every turn. We will definitely cruise again, but I'm not really sure if it will be with Carnival. Some things were not in their control, but some were. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Oceanview Riviera

Of the four nights, I only had towel animals the last two nights! Simple thing, yes, but I was looking forward to those! Our room was always tidy though so on that I couldn't complain at all. Overall, it was very satisfactory.

Had lunch at the Fajitas Factory in Cozumel. It was a small place and the service and food were excellent. The most delicious guacamole and chips I have EVER had!!!

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews