Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jata001

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: jata001
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 12

Oh Glory Days

We were repeat customers therefore we had VIP check in. That was a big advantage. We boarded the ship very quickly. Within 10 minutes were were on the Lido deck listening to music and having lunch. Our room was ready about an hour after we arrived we had the penthouse suite on the Empress deck. A big beautiful room with a baloney. We have been on two other cruises on carnival in the past with our children but could not afford the luxury room. We had had an inside room on a lower deck. This was the first time as a couple that we had vacationed since our honeymoon twenty-eight years ago. We had a great time. However, plenty has changed in those fifteen years on carnival.

No more mid-night buffet. I was looking forward to a mid-night buffet. The Captains elegant evening was no longer in a separate room with free drinks. To meet the captain who was standing near the casino along with the smell of cigarettes. I do not like the smell of cigarettes or cigars. At times I could not sit outside our baloney because someone under our room or along side our room was smoking. The drinks were a dollar off that evening. Big Deal! I am not a big drinker but I am looking for a deal. Although we were offered free drinks on the next evening because were were VIP guest. The shows were entertaining. The comedians were funny. We went to the comedy club again on the last night and one of the comedians had the same act.That was a little disappointing. We missed the legend show they only had one time slot.

The food was okay! I do remember it being much better the last time we cruised. Long wait for Pizza at night. The Mongolian WOK was good, need to get there on time because it could be a long wait. I felt harassed by the the staff trying to sell you an alcoholic drink. I said no once, twice, three time and more. If I wanted a drink I would gesture to them.

Took plenty of photographs. Bought plenty of them too. The shops had nice deals. Bought a watch and some liquor. We had a hot stone message on board. It was very relaxing. We sat with a couple from Ohio for dinner. We meet some nice and not so nice people on board. The serenity deck was the best place to sit and relax outside on deck. Exception was that some foreigners thought they could hog up the lounge chairs by reserving their spot with towels while they went to the activities. My husband would not stand for that so he removed the towel from one of the lounges and took a nap for 45 minutes. When they returned they were speaking in a language I did not recognize making trouble with my husband. They picked on the wrong guy. We will leave it at that. The staff should have removed the towels for them. They needed more security in that area.

The ports of call were nice. We loved Boston the best. Peggy's cove was nice but it was very foggy. That night the fog horn was blowing all night. The last day at sea the ship was very rocky which made us sick enough to stay in bed. That was a little disappointing. With all that being said it was a nice trip. We enjoyed the activities. The staff was very professional. Our room steward knew us by name and was very accommodating. Our waiter danced with a full glass of water on his bald head. We are not sure if we would cruise up north again.

Publication Date: 09/20/11