Oriana Cruise Review by Jane Danes: Shocked

Shocked

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Having cruised many times (twice before on the Azura) and being told that this was a great ship, I agree that the ship is fine but everything else needs immediate attention.

Most importantly - the food was,at best, mediocre

The Buffet was awful - food choice terrible - cutlery and china dirty.

The main Peninsular looked good, waiters adequate, but the choice was basic.

Casseroles and meat puddings are NOT cruise choices.

Gary Rhodes was great, but one should not have to pay in order to get this service and menues on P & 0

On a 16 night cruise we had three ports of call. Of course we knew this when we booked, but another could easily have been fitted in.

In Dubrovnik we were dumped ashore an had to wait in hot sun for shuttle transfer.

After reading other crits, this has happened before - not last year on the Azura.

Entertainment was passable and the cruise director superb, but his 'helpers' except for More Jo B left a lot to desired and at best were annoying!!

The Headliners were OK but only one individual act (a comedian) was any good.

I have been in the business for over forty years and would not employ one of them.

I will not mention names, but one 'comedian' I use the term losely was so rude and offensive the many walked out!!

So - will I cruise with P & O again?

Yes, just to see if they do take any notice of the public and because the drinks are cheap!! Less

Published 09/20/11

Jane Danes
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X