MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by sasosas

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 2
See More About: MSC Magnifica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Magnifica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Magnifica Deck Plans
avoid MSC
Fortunately we were not alone but with friends so all the problems became a way to laugh and have fun.

Captain and officials hid for the entire cruise, we saw the captain once because we were forced to take a picture with him before entering the theater so they could sell the picture at 20 Euro each.

The captain did not even present the ship, which is a modern jewel, it would have been nice to know all the feature and the advanced technology of the ship.

The crew is divided in 2 categories:

1- don't care (officials and most of the Italian crew)

2- we do care but can't (all the foreigner)

It seemed like when you go to a public government Italian office, they don't care and they treat you like you are there to give them trouble (work). You can read this in their faces and from the answers you get. Examples

-(me): excuse me, it is 3 days I have my telephone not working, last night a crew member came fixing the answer machine but the telephone is still malfunctioning

-(receptionist): if the telephone is not working how come you are calling me?

-me+my wife: excuse me we would like a table for 4

waiter: where are the other 2? (me)they are coming... (waiter): you must come all together otherwise no table.

(me): hello, I would like to speak with the guest service manager

(receptionist): you can talk to me

(me): well I would prefer to speak with him please

(receptionist): I don't understand why you don't speak to me, it is the same

(me): there are few things I need to share with him, not related to a single incident, so it is important for me to talk to him

(receptionist): I do not understand but if you want to speak with him let me see if he is available...

to make the story short, waited 30 minutes and then I got an appointment for 2 hours later...

I have many other examples like this, but let's talk about food:

-self service opened only 12:30-14:30, if you come back from an excursion at 2pm then you need to fight with other 1000 people to eat, because at 14:30 precise the self service close down!

I have never seen so much food waisted, being afraid to not be able to pick the food on time, guests would fill up multiple plates as soon as they could.

Tea time 16:30-17:00, if even 30% of the people want a tea imagine the mess!

Quality of the food: mediocre, for an italian vessel this is a shame

Funny part: as an American you get a bottled water free (1 x day) all the other nationalities have to pay. Does it mean that not Americans do not complain? Probably yes,but the other reason is that most of the ship was filled with Italians who are used to be treated poorly and generally do not complain.

Another good news: kid up to 16 are FREE! Guess where they were? Everywere!

Publication Date: 09/19/11