Island Escape Cruise Review by Sharon Jenns: Don't believe the doom and gloom!!

Sharon Jenns
0 Post

Entertainment Not Rated

Don't believe the doom and gloom!!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Las Palmas

Having read some of the reviews here I was wondering what to expect on our first Island Escape Cruise (or as one of my fellow cruisers called it Island Escapade).

I need not have worried. The ship was clean, the staff were very pleasant, the food was plentiful with lots of choice. The cabin was a little tired looking but clean, had sufficient space and the beds were very comfortable. Both myself and my husband slept very well.

The ports we visited were brilliant, which was the main reason for booking this cruise. We met some lovely people and found our fellow travellers to be very friendly.

Do I have any gripes - well yes just a small point. Sunbeds ..... most of them had towels and books on all day without anyone ever sitting on them. If I had my way after 30 minutes unattended the books and towels would have been overboard!! But thats brits abroad not Island Escape. Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape 8550

There is a smoking area outside this cabin. It didn't bother us but it's not everyone's choice.

Tender from the ship. Cannes is beautiful - highly recommended.

Read 178 Cannes Reviews

Rome was fabulous. We didn't bother with an organised trip just walked the short distance to the train station and paid 9 euros for the hour long journey. In Rome we got on the "hop-on hop-off bus" 21 euros and saw all the main sights.