Island Escape Cruise Review by Sharon Jenns

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Las Palmas
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: PR
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Don't believe the doom and gloom!!
Having read some of the reviews here I was wondering what to expect on our first Island Escape Cruise (or as one of my fellow cruisers called it Island Escapade).

I need not have worried. The ship was clean, the staff were very pleasant, the food was plentiful with lots of choice. The cabin was a little tired looking but clean, had sufficient space and the beds were very comfortable. Both myself and my husband slept very well.

The ports we visited were brilliant, which was the main reason for booking this cruise. We met some lovely people and found our fellow travellers to be very friendly.

Do I have any gripes - well yes just a small point. Sunbeds ..... most of them had towels and books on all day without anyone ever sitting on them. If I had my way after 30 minutes unattended the books and towels would have been overboard!! But thats brits abroad not Island Escape.

Publication Date: 09/19/11