Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by pk2826: Summer Vacation between Semesters

Overall Member Rating

Summer Vacation between Semesters

Sail Date: August 2006
Embarkation: Galveston

This was the first cruise I have ever taken. I did not know what to expect but chose Royal Caribbean from recommendations from friends.

I found a lot to do on this ship and had a wonderful time. The only onboard problem I had was the Dining experience. We were seated at a table with lots of kids. They have the demographics from the reservation and see we did not have children so RC could have matched us at a better table. Thus we only dined once during the cruise.

We used Windjammer Cafe for the rest of our dinner meals and the wait staff were wonderful. DO NOT prepay gratuities. I did not knowing but I wanted to tip the Windjammer Cafe staff since that is where I ate. Since I prepaid tips the dining staff were tipped since I guess Windjammer Cafe staff are not entitled so to say to tips. My next trip I will tip in cash at the time of service so I know my money goes where I want.

I also found a wonderful bartender, a man named, Franklin Street, It was in More the karaoke lounge and he made the most unique drinks and had wonderful service. I will travel with RC again resting assured it will be another fun week. Less

Published 09/19/11

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: M Interior Stateroom

Read All Interior Stateroom (M) Reviews >>

I am not a fan of Mexico. When I got off the ship I was inundated with people trying to hustle money for junk. I was discouraged by this and got back on the ship after only an hour. The food service was still provided during the day and with limited guests on board I still had a great time without seeing this destination.

Read 4341 Cozumel Reviews

I went to the Turtle Farm, Hell, and Seven Mile beach. I did not use RC to book adventures. I just got off the ship and took the local bus which is a van. $2.00 for anywhere on the island.

Key West in my opinion was another city in the United States. I am glad I went there to say I did but will not be making plans just to return. I ate the key lime pies there are lots of places for this and it was tasty. Since it was the first stop it also allowed me a quick stop in the drug store before leaving the USA.

Read 1014 Key West Reviews