Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 4

“QM2 Possibly a tad tired in some areas”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

Aquilla
Member Since 2008
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Our first week was really enjoyable, the weather was reasonable for the time of the year.

The second week unfortunately was spoiled by the weather (not Cunard's fault)

We were Britannia club dining, which was very elegant and the service was excellent. It is of course a large ship and after dinner exercise consisted of walking mostly round the ship from one venue to another.

On the down side the Kings court food hall was very scattered, it had four areas, after choosing your meal, the particular area could close whilst half way through a meal, if you wanted 'pudding' another 'open' area had to be found!

Albeit it was easy to order breakfast in your room,(there was a card on the back of your door) the 'complimentary' room service according to another passenger had a 2.50 dollar charge, I wouldn't know, no-one ever answered the phone!This was confirmed by other passengers who also tried for room service.

Dressing gowns in varying materials More were supplied with slippers.

These are for the 'use' of, if you wish to bring them home there is charge for the dressing gowns.

I thought the entertainment was staid for the most part. Less

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

AA
The bathroom was very small and the shower curtain was short, hence very wet!! The room overall was a bit 'tired' The balcony was permanently wet, partly due the the cleaners on the above deck, power washing. One unfortunate evening I was 'peering' over the balcony when an an avalanche of dirty water covered me, my 'posh nights' clothing was ruined!!!

Our courier was knowledgeable and entertaining on our seven hour newport and new york tour.

Published 09/19/11

Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?