Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by xvxlunaxvx

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by xvxlunaxvx
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Inspiration
Member Name: xvxlunaxvx
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 4A

Pretty good.
The Inspiration cruise we went on recently was overall not as good as the previous cruise we took on the Carnival Glory.

The ship itself was obviously older, but that didn't really bother me as much as it bothered others on reviews I've red. The major differences were that I remember on the Glory seeing the same few people over and over, and they would talk to us, and remembered details about us.... but on the Inspiration, I never met the room stewards ... and we had a couple days where I wondered if the room would ever get cleaned ... after dinner, and it's still not been visited.

The food was the typical carnival stuff ... but just not as good as I remember it being. Didn't seem as fresh. This cruise was just for me and my boyfriend, whereas last time we went in a large group. At meals this time it was just us at a table of other couples, who unfortunately didn't seem to want to make conversation, so the dinners were semi-awkward with everyone in total silence. As a result, a couple nights we skipped the sit down dinner and opted for the Lido cafe. It was all right ... at all meals, sometimes they had really yummy stuff. A few dishes here and there were just inedible. And I'm not that hard to please! Just ew.

The entertainment was lacking, and what was there as far as shows ... just not so good. The comedy club was awesome. But it was only a couple nights, and it was the same comediens not every night like the Glory. The was Bingo aplenty on this ship, but so costly. 20 dollars a card. And they constantly pushed these raffle tickets. Obviously, it's a cruise ship, and for them it's about profit ... but it got old. There wasn't much fun to be had unless you had lots of cash to shell out. Unfortunately for me, this was a cruise on a budget for me. Both my boyfriend and myself were unemployed when cruise time came (but not when we booked) so we had less than 200 dollars to spend the entire time. After buying 2 formal night pictures, it was really limited funds ... those damn pix are costly!!

Anyway, it is always good to get away. I had no problem finding a spot to lay in the sun. The people were friendly, not lots of kids running around. Just not quite the standard I recall from my first experience. There was a night of free alcoholic drinks and snacks(and by night I mean hour) at a little social for past guests only ... that was kind of cool. Even if everything but the wine was watered down. I think I might try another cruise line next time....we shall see!

Publication Date: 09/18/11