Celebrity Eclipse 2

“Lovely Ship and Staff, but...Ever Feel You've Been Cheated ?”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

AUSTIN MAGUIRE

Overall Member Rating

The Ship, Staff and food could not be faulted, my "gripe" is with the itinerary of the Cruise.

We were "subjected" to visit nondescript places such as Cadiz, Cagliari and Palermo. Whilst, La Coruna, Cartagena and Split were slightly better, visiting Venice during the film festival and on the busiest day of the year on the canals, meant that we could not get near the attractions in St Mark's Square.

It is worth noting that apart from Venice, there were no other Cruise Ships in port at any of the other venues, could be because there is not a lot to see?

In addition to this, we were ashore for less than 16% of the total length of the Cruise, so a lot of the time is spent on deck, "sardined" on sunbeds, or.... learning to line dance, napkin fold or listening to the ramblings of the resident "Smithsonian" or Tour Guide!

Oh well, I might as well catch up on my sleep, as any other option will result in Celebrity doing their level best to relieve me of my More money!

Everything on the ship is overpriced, apart from ...... Cigarettes.... for which I must admit, I was tempted to take up smoking, just to get value for money on something, but then again I didn't want to add to my list of addictions.

The entertainment was no more than ok, but we regularly at a loss for "something to do" on most evenings, not good !

NEVER AGAIN !! Less

Published 09/15/11

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?