Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Sixdogs34: OH MY WHERE DO I BEGIN?

Sixdogs34
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

OH MY WHERE DO I BEGIN?

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas

i never write reviews but i read them before we travel so if this can help someone else out i thought i would write about our recent trip on the sky. before we left i read all of the negative reviews and thought geesh these people are just picky hugh maintenance, it's vacation, how bad could it be.. well.. my fiance and i took the 4 day cruise leaving from miami on sept 5 and came back sept 9th, i have been on 4 other cruises, first time on NCL. where do i begin?

how about the good first:

pros: the food in the palace is great. the rooms are not as small as everyone is saying, small but for 2 people ok. met some great people. uh ok thats about it on the pros.

cons: first and formost the buffet food is HORRIFIC, and I eat anything, i can only describe it by saying it all tastes the same and it is all horrible, really horrible. the first day before we even left the dock they had the buffet open for lunch,, I told my fiance i hope that this is not how the food More is going to be for the enitre trip, it was.

they try and nickle and dime you for everyting, i expected this on a cruise as the soft drinks aren't even free but 8- 10 bucks for a mixed drink and 35 dollars for a bucket of beer is a bit ridiculous, but what are you going to do you are on a boat at sea, you can't leave! the bucket of beer was 35 because the automatically add a tip, well not to be cheap but uh i thought that is what the 12 dollars a day per person for the entire trip was for,, no just room people. so expect the tips added additional on any alcohol. we played bingo the first night and it was 69 bucks.. we paid it because the ship does a horrible job at announcing activities, they give you a paper in your room ever day so i guess it was our job to figure it out which is fine but bingo 69 bucks really?!

main casino host lady was probably the rudest person i have ever met in my life.

paid 28 bucks for what i think was 40 minutes of internet access in which my fiance needed for a few work thinks & i wanted to check on our dogs at home, well their computer froze up while it was still charging us and used half our minutes until some guy in a ship board said he could not help me "he doesn't work there" uh i got a little smart with him and said you work on the ship right!? ugh so no refund on the internet, as the 2nd guy helping us did not understand what we were saying, his english was non existent.

no towel animals in room, no bug deal but just wondering why some people got them and some didn't

first port of call was freeport, you basically need to know what you are going to do before you get off the ship or don't bother going through securuty to get off and back on. we got back on.

i overheard some people saying how a lot of people were getting sick, i didn't think much about it until i came down with bronchitis the night we got home, i thought maybe it was just a cold or something, stress but we got home fri and by monday i was in the hospital with horrible bronchitis and mild pneumonia.. what!!! i am still sick, feeling better but my fiance got is as well as did the 6 people that we met on the cruise, we haqve been keeping in contact via facebook who live in diffferent states are sick as well!! we are joking and calling it the cruise flu but it is not funny in the least, i had to go to the hospital.. all of us sick with the same thing tells me 99.0% we all got it from the boat. i know that in close quarters like that it is more likely and they bascially stalk you with the hand sanitizer there,, well it didn't work..

i got so sick i am hessitant to go on another cruise ever; however, the buffet food alone might keep anyone away from this ship which is a shame:( i could go on forever but basically you have been warned. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>