Carnival Fascination 2

“You get what you pay for!”
Cruise review of Carnival Fascination

darealdill
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

I must first start by saying the first cruise my wife and I took was aboard Celebrity. We enjoyed our time on that cruise on were hoping for the same. We quickly figured out that was not going to be the case on this particular trip. Upon arriving at the Cruise port(about 2pm), we waited in line for security and cruise check in until almost 3:30pm. While waiting in line, we were surrounded by other cruisers who were very rowdy and unruly. One of the groups around us included 6 adults and 14 teenagers! This wasnt the start we were looking for. We quickly figured out that this cruise was at least a step or more down from the Celebrity cruise we took a few years back.

This cruise was a little cheaper as far as price, but the atmosphere was not what we were looking for. We did not feel like the service was very personable either. The cabin attendant only spoke to us twice, the waiters for dinner were nice but not as impressive at the ones we had on Celebrity. I did enjoy More however getting to know several dealers in the casino. They were very nice and provided very good conversations. The food was pretty good.

No fault of the Carnival, but we didnt enjoy either of the our ports of call, Freeport and Nassau. This cruise is fine if its your first time, you are looking for this type of crowd, or if you are looking to save some money. We will definitely not be cruising on Carnival ever again. I would rather spend a little extra money and sail with a better company! Less

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A
Room was pleasant. Decent size but neighbors were very loud.

We went on the Wyndymn Resort excursion. It was $100 per person and included food, drinks, and non motorized sporting activities. We enjoyed the trip but I felt like a hundred bucks was a little steep.

Read 1055 Freeport Reviews

We took a taxi over to Atlantis and walked around. We had a ton of locals trying to sell us things, get us to rent this or that, and even ran into what seemed like a very heated disagreement while we were trying to walk to see the beach. Upon returning to the area were the boat was, we walked the streets in search of places to shop and the only things were could find were shops with very cheap items and jewelry stores that sold very high end items like Rolex. What I couldnt understand was the items being sold in a place were it seemed as though no one in the area could afford those things. We were not impressed with Nassau.

Read 4029 Nassau Reviews

Published 09/14/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?