“Great time on the Dream”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

Elliott0821 Carnival Dream 5 Great time on the Dream
Elliott0821
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I sailed the Dream for our wedding anniversary I want to start by saying we are laid back people who go on vacation to meet new people and have a good time we don't let the little things bother us.

First we arrived at MCO around 930am we have came through this airport a few times and never had to wait as long for our luggage as we did this time. It took an hour before the belt started. Now I know that has nothing to do with Carnival but to those of you who haven't flown in the day of before these are the little things that can cause you to miss the ship. We decided we will now always fly in the day before.

Transfer to the port- We didn't use Carnival this time for our transfer we used an outside company that was a lot cheaper and did a great job on getting us to the port promptly it took about 45 minutes but the driver did speed a little but not to the point that we felt unsafe. I would say allow 45 minutes to an hour for the commute

Embarkation was as it always is at Port Canaveral easy as could be and quick. Keep in mind if you arrive before 130 you will have to wait they now keep the fire doors shut until this time and there is staff patrolling the area to make sure you don't go "wondering" the halls. With that in mind it may be best to pack one small bag with the items you can't live with out for the family and have a porter take the rest. We had our checked luggage by 4pm I believe. The lido deck and buffets get crowded quickly while people are waiting for their room but if you aren't afraid to walk around this is a great time to explore the ship.

We decided to try a cove balcony this time and it was well worth it. Our last cruise we had a balcony on the upper deck mid ship and wanted to try something new. My husband felt the cove seemed bigger then the other rooms we have had before I think it was the lay out that made the difference. The life boats are right above you which is nice because it allows for shade when the sun is on your side of the ship.

The activities were nice and kept us busy when we wanted to be and we could relax when we felt like it. We sailed over the holiday weekend and it was nice that they acknowledge the holiday. The mardi gras party was fun but watch out for those flying beads they can hurt if you get hit.The comedy shows were fun but like others have said get their earlier or you wont find a seat. The lounge is also set up weird and not all seats allow for you to see the stage. The casino has a nice lay the tables were a little tight this time around but you can't always win :)

Disembarkation- We do the self assist option we were up ate breakfast in the MDR and we off the ship by 8am and to the airport by 9am. Needless to say everything was handled quickly and efficiently.

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Cove Balcony

7C2376
Cove seemed bigger then the other rooms we have had before I think it was the lay out that made the difference. The life boats are right above you which is nice because it allows for shade when the sun is on your side of the ship.

The reason I give this a three is both times we have gone our excursions were canceled so I haven't had the chance to really see Belize for what it truly is. The port is okay there are a few bars to hang out at and cheap shopping.

Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
We did the beach break with Carnival since this was a short stop and we didn't want to risk missing the ship. The beach break was fun and even with the drizzle of rain for most the morning the drinks were really good and we had a great time.

Read 1,411 Costa Maya Reviews
Port
This was our second time going to Cozumel we haven't done an excursion on either stop but we explore the island on our own. There are lots of places to rent a 4x4 jeep and take it out on your own. The island is a big circle with a single road cutting down the middle. So this is a easy island to navigate if you want to try something on your own.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
This was our first time at this port we took a snuba excursion with carnival. The excursion takes your to Gumbalimba Park the same place the monkey excursion goes to. The park is beautiful and Snuba was fun and something new to try we paid an extra ten dollars each to get to go see and hold the monkeys. Bring lots of BUG SPRAY we got ate alive by misquotes. Its difficult to get a ride back to the ship since they only come every 30-45 minutes so pay attention to your time.

Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 09/14/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?