Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Rialb: Worth the wait

Overall Member Rating

Worth the wait

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my first cruise and let me say I cannot wait to book my next cruise. I think that it is misfortunate that others on my cruise didn't have the same experience that I did, but for me it was well worth it.

Since several people have already commented on the "check-in" process at the Sheraton, I will not elaborate further. However, I know that this was the first time Carnival has had to deal with a situation like this and fell as if they should have done better.

Once finally on the ship and we left New Orleans it was as the old clichE goes "smooth sailing". The food from the buffet was good. The dinner meal from the dining room was fantastic.

We purchased one excursion once we got to Progreso. I did feel that it was over priced for what we really got. $45.00 for transportation to a beach and drinks for 3 hours was a little much. However, I did enjoy our tour guides.

When we arrived in Cozumel we wised up and took a taxi to the Downtown area. More This turned out to be the best option, 2 people $7.00. We had an AMAZING time in Cozumel. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

The food was good. The service was great. The only complaint I had was we had a Forward Interior Room on Level 7 Empress, one night I attempted to go to bed early and the music from the Rome Lounge was so loud that it shook my bed. It made it somewhat impossible to sleep. The show was over by 10:30 and all was quiet.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise and cannot wait to book my next one. Less

Published 09/13/11

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X