Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by chipandjohn: I got a give to Carnival they are consistent.

chipandjohn
Member Since 2002

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

I got a give to Carnival they are consistent.

Sail Date: September 2011

Our embarkation was a nightmare. I don't recall on other sailings standing in such a long cattle line just to check in. Only to be put in a waiting area with the rest of the herd. There we waited for our group to be called to wait in another line to validate our sign and sail cards. This was all a two hour process.

Our cabin was a great size, ocean view Main deck 2400. Ample storage and we had a great cabin steward, Booty. Yes his name was Booty. We meet him early when boarding and he didn't have a problem with putting our beds together. We had for endless ice and he kept it coming.

We were both surprised about the food on this sailing. The food excided our expectation. Even in the main dining room. We had dinner in the steak house and it was exceptional. But it didn't complete with the Chef's Table event. Save your funds for that excursion. It is an onboard excursion and well worth the $75.p/p. Can't tell you what we had don't remember it all. Anyway its all More special prepared so it's different every time.

There were a lot of available activities and lounges to meet people and have fun. I have to say we didn't do a lot of those so I can't really comment. We did go to the comedy club on evening and I didn't find it that funny, he really only found people in the audience and make fun of them. We didn't go to any of the shows. The main pool deck was very crowed and I have to say the surface of the steps leading to the slid entrance was hot. And with your feet wet it was scalding.

I'm sorry I'm not that great at writing reviews because I'm pretty easy going. But overall it was a nice cruise. Was it worth what we paid, absolutely, will I sail again on Carnival, well I said no the last time and here I've sailed again. Not sure if I'll do another September cruise. It was very hot in every port and hot any time outside on the decks. I'm glad we didn't have a balcony not sure if we would have used it. I was also glad we brought along our small fan. Our cabin was comfortable with the curtain closed but the small fan kept the air moving a lot better.

We'll I forgot about debarkation. At each port it was easy going. Even with the tenders, there was a long line but it seem to go fast. And debarkation back in FtL was just as easy. I just wish getting onboard was as nice. I have to say we got off the ship late because we drove. Customs moved fast and once outside we were able to meet our offsite parking company and head to the car. And a plug there, we used the link from Carnival for Park'n Go. No problems with them and for our cruise we paid just under $38. They were there when we got off the ship and we didn't have to wait.

That's all I have to say about that.

John Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Main 2400

Our cabin was great. Cabin 2400. Great storage and plenty of room. Bath was cruise cabin style and big enough. They offer several items like soaps, tooth paste and a Bic razor. And some moisturizers. I have to say and have noticed this on other ships in the lower levels. There always seems to be a smell of sewage in some areas of the hall. We never smelt it in the cabin but most of the time in the hall.