First off this was only my 2nd cruise in my entire life and was my wife and I's honeymoon. That said I loved it, but there are some pros and cons of course.
First off with the pros
- The ship is beautiful!
- Staterooms are quite spacious.
- The crew, was the best trained, friendliest and energetic crew that I have encountered. I loved coming back from our day and talking as they served us dinner and hearing about what they recommended at our next stop. Wonderful people.
- On board musicians were great!
- The hot glass show, is worth it every time you go and they have a raffle to give away the pieces they make during your cruise!
- Dance classes were fun and educational.
- Food was amazing, people always say that about their cruise...but seriously...amazing. The main dining hall was just perfect. Room service is also available (24 hrs a day) with many items free of charge.
- The head chef was hysterical More
and always enjoyed talking/meeting people (and he loves his job).
- Comedians and speakers were interesting, amusing, and informative. Recommend going to those.
- The pool is always packed on sea days, they have an inside pool and 2 outside pools but each is so small (about 10 meters or so). I feel that a lot of the topside surface was wasted.
- The ship was built with 15 stories, mostly consisting of staterooms...this really shows on sea days when there is no place to sit topside and the pools/hot tubs are at max.
- As a result of above, the sea days can feel pretty slow...but if you have an itinerary intensive cruise, like we did (only 3 sea days out of 11) it wont be too bad at all. If the outside pools are packed, you can suck it up and go to the adult only area and swim a little but even that can get busy sometimes.
- The on board shows in the theater...were awful....and its not the actors fault, its that the company picked the absolute worst scripts and shows possible.....seriously, it WAS that bad...
- They went with a kind of a modern new agey feel to the ship in some places...can be a little too much.
- Excursions, at least the ones in Naples, were awful. Save your money, book elsewhere. Complained at the desk and never heard one thing back from customer service.
Hope this helps people who are debating this cruise, love the ship and it was a lot of fun but the sea days can be a bit down sometimes. More open pool space, chair space would be nice. Usually they do put in a lot of those speakers, hot glass show, etc in those days so they can fill up, but for those looking to just lounge by the pool...this may not be your favorite cruise. For those looking for a nice ship and an intensive itinerary, this is a great ship, with a great crew and I do recommend it. Less
Celebrity Equinox Cruises to the Western Mediterranean