Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by ArtisticExpression

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by ArtisticExpression
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: ArtisticExpression
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: I
Cabin Number: A629
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A Wonderful Cruise for First Timers!
For first time cruisers, we planned and booked this cruise on our own so we weren't really sure what to expect. The reviews online were mixed, but we were determined to make our first cruise (and our honeymoon!) an amazing adventure! From the moment we stepped aboard Caribbean Princess, we were in heaven. The staff were amazing, everyone was friendly and the ship was SO clean!

We started off our day, before leaving port, by exploring the ship and getting to know our new stomping grounds. We enjoyed some wonderful New York style pizza for lunch on Deck 15 by Neptune Pool, received our luggage and got ourselves unpacked, and then joined the sail away party on Deck 15 at 5PM as we departed New York City. We had wonderful live music to set sail to, everyone was in a great mood, and the weather was absolutely beautiful!

On Sunday, we were at sea all day. We were a little skeptical about our Sea Day, being as we thought we would be completely bored - boy, were we wrong! The day at sea was one of our best days! It was a really nice, calm, relaxing day! It started early, with an hour long pedicure appointment for me at 8 AM in the absolutely wonderful Lotus Spa. It was completely relaxing sitting in the spa chair, having a lovely pedicure while watching the lovely ocean out the window! The Lotus Spa staff were wonderful; not too chatty, but just enough to make me feel welcome and taken care of. I was also offered some wonderful citrus water, which was absolutely amazing and 100% refreshing! While I was having my pedicure, my husband decided to take some photographs and get a coffee, so he was completely content. It was also nice rising so early, because the ship was nice and quiet - almost serene, since most of the passengers were still sleeping! Also, I've heard that on days at sea, in the early morning around sunrise, if you head to the front of the ship, you can see dolphins swimming alongside! This happened on our day at sea, but unfortunately we didn't get to see them, but some fellow cruise-goers did! That day, we just relaxed and spent some quality time together. We also took part in some wonderful activities on board the ship. Every evening, each cabin receives The Princess Patter, which is a daily newsletter showcasing the events for the next day. It's a wonderful piece of information to keep with you! There's always a TON of stuff going on, starting in the early morning, usually around 6 AM (workouts!) going through until midnight (nightclubs!). There's so much to do, though!

Although we only dined in the main dining room once, for lunch, we were not really impressed. We thought the buffets were WAY better. We found the dining rooms, although we had anytime dining, were a bit stuffy and just not for us. We are more casual people, and did not take part in formal nights. We like to eat whenever we wish and dress however we like. The buffer lets us do this. It was more convenient and, honestly, the food was better! I would recommend to anyone to try the dining room at least once, of course, but we thought the buffets were much better! We also REALLY enjoyed the New York style pizza offered at Prego Pizzeria outside, near the pool (mid-ship). GREAT pizza!

Movies Under the Stars was amazing!! We enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau and The Green Hornet during our 7 night cruise. The other nights were a bit cold and windy, so we only were able to take in two nights of movies. But, it's a wonderful experience and highly recommended! They offer blankets and popcorn! You can also get pizza, hot dogs, burgers...awesome!

The ship itself is absolutely stunning. The piazza is beautiful. The dining areas are beautiful. The Horizon Terrace, at the back of the ship, is absolutely stunning at sunrise and sunset. Gorgeous views and picture opportunities! There are so many lovely parts of the ship!

We had an interior stateroom. Before setting foot on the ship, I was a bit disappointed we had an interior room. I couldn't imagine spending 6 days and 7 nights in a room without windows. Well, to be honest, how much time do you really spend in your stateroom aboard a cruise? Not much. Just to sleep! At first, when we arrived in the interior stateroom, I was a bit claustrophobic, but after a few moments it was fine and I was completely fine throughout the rest of our trip! The room itself was around 163 square feet, which was ample living space for two people. There was definitely enough room! The bathroom was big enough for one at a time, and the shower was a bit small but definitely enough room for a quick shower. In the literature, the bed is stated that it's a queen size, but I think it's actually a king size! It was more than enough for my husband and I! Wonderful! Lots of room! We also had a writing desk, quite large actually! A decent sized television that showed movies, a huge closet, an in-room safe, a full-size mirror. It was great!

The entertainment on the ship was wonderful. We had the opportunity to see the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pipe Band on board our ship in Halifax and Kelli Karl (hypnotist) from Las Vegas! The RCMP Pipe Band were a real treat! Absolutely delightful! Kelli Karl was fabulous. Funny and really talented!

Overall, I don't have anything to complain about on this cruise. We were first time cruise-goers and had an absolutely amazing time. I am not the type of person who relaxes. I was 100% completely relaxed for 7 days on this vacation. This has never happened before! It was wonderful! Thank you Princess!!

Publication Date: 09/12/11