Arcadia Cruise Review by Wolstencroft

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: DD
Cabin Number: C57
See More About: Arcadia Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Arcadia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Arcadia Deck Plans
Arcadia
This was our first trip on Arcadia although we have travelled on several other P&O ships.

We didn't get the 'wow' factor when boarding Arcadia and initially the ship felt a bit 'bland'.

CABIN - Our cabin was a good size. We had an excellent cabin steward who kept the cabin spotlessly clean. Everything worked and we didn't suffer any cabin noise. My husband and I do take ear plugs just to be on the safe side.

I had breakfast in my cabin on sea days. The breakfast steward asked if I wanted breakfast in my cabin each day. I said no - just on sea days. My breakfast arrived on time every sea day with a cheerful smile and good morning from the steward.

DINING - we had lunch in the buffet restaurant. Plenty of choice but a bit hectic at times.

EVENING MEAL - we dined in the main restaurant in the evening - club dining - on a table for 8 people. Our waiters were efficient and chatty - nothing was too much trouble. One couple on our table were celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary. P&O made it a special day for them from breakfast time and then in the evening with a cake and champagne. Well done P & O and also the waiters.

We did not use the 'specialist' restaurants.

Our previous trip on the Oriana left us with the impression that standards in the restaurant had 'slipped'. The quality and quantity of food had, in our opinion, deteriorated. However, I am pleased to say that the food on board Arcadia was far superior and our faith has been restored!!!

I am vetarian. P&O have a separate veggi menu if there is nothinn on the main menu that you fancy. I have found the choice and quality of veggie food to be excellent. My husband enjoys a steak and this is always available as an option.

The theatre usually very crowded with standing room only sometimes.

The entertainment was not very inspiring and we did not go in to the theatre every night.

I did use the gym - the facilities were excellent and I was always able to get on a treadmill.

The ship did grow on us. There was plenty to space and it didn't seem overcrowded. We will certainly sail on the Arcadia again.

Publication Date: 09/12/11