Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruiser820

Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6A

Honeymoon not worth the Money!!!!
Me and my Husband sailed on this Ship for our honeymoon from 8/21-8/27. We were supposed to be on the ship until 8/28 but due to hurricane Irene we were forced to come back to Baltimore a day earlier then scheduled.

The Ship has a very dark feel to it. It didn't give you that happy want to have fun feeling. There's naked art all over the ship. If your into that type of art then you wont mind. Me and my Husband found a lot of the art quite disturbing. Maybe we were reading too much into it, trying to figure out what the painting and statues meant. They had statues of a man lying on top of a dolphin in the ceiling of the ship and next to that statue was a mermaid. and that scene repeated throughout the ceiling of the buffet dining room. My husband thought that maybe it meant that the man had sex with the dolphin and that's how they got mermaids. I don't know but either way the decor left a lot to be desired.

Our stateroom was probably the best part of the ship. The bed was very comfortable. The bedding was excellent. Our stateroom attendant was the most pleasant of the staff that we met. He remembered our names and our room was cleaned more often the we expected. Angel truly deserved his tip and much more.

Dining- The dining buffet style was ok at best. The eggs were horrible. But of course you know that they don't use real eggs because of the cost. Even still I've had fake eggs that were much better. There was some variety but the taste of the food was sub par. We ended up eating a burger and fries most of the time, they were really good! Dining in the main dining room was horrible for many reasons. 1st- the waiter had no personality. he simply handed us our menus and then came back to take our order and that was it. He never explained the menu or made any recommendations at all. When my husband informed him that he was allergic to dairy,not lactose, but allergic and asked if they could prepare a meal without dairy the waiter never checked but simply stated the meals are pre made and can't be changed. for a couple of days we accepted that answer but then due to the amount of food on the menu with dairy we went to guest services and asked them about meals. and what do you know the hostess met us at our table at the next meal and asked my husband which meals he would like and that they would be prepared without dairy. Now tell me why the waiter could not inquire about this?? Because he didn't want to, he did not care. Even after making the waiter aware of my husbands allergy numerous times he brought the table complimentary drinks (because of the hurricane and us missing the Nassau port of call) with milk in them. I looked at the waiter and was like umm do these have milk in them, they clearly did. And the waiter was like "oh thats right, well here's a non alcoholic drink with no milk" really??? no apology, no offer to get him a REAL drink with alcohol like everyone else??? VERY VERY disappointed with the service at the dining room. 2nd- The food was nothing special.I've cruised before and I know lobster night is the best night for dining in the main dining room and sadly on this cruise it was not. The lobster had no flavor at all! It was very small and left a whole lot to be desired. The other meals didn't fair any better. I often left the main dining room hungry because the food was not great at all. Hamburger and fries it was again on many nights.

Activities- hmmm lets see if your young like me and my husband (only 28) you want to have fun. As far as activities goes it was like taking a retirement cruise. The daily schedule included trivia, some more trivia and what do you know more TRIVIA!! There was Motown trivia, sports trivia, music trivia, pop trivia and the list goes on. There was one deck party with line dancing 1 night and it lasted truly only 30 minutes. Everyone was ready to dance and then the music stopped and you were left figuring out whats next. So me and my husband was like lets go to the club and go dancing some more. went to the club at 11pm and NOTHING!! no music no people!!! We were like what kind of "fun ship" is this?? Its a good thing we were on our honeymoon and could go to our room and make our own party other wise we would have been dead bored on this cruise!!!!! There were even activities on the schedule that we went to that never happened. and the ones that did happen started late most of the time. The comedy shows were the only ones worth attending. We got some great laughs from that. The Motown show they had, which consisted of one guy singing all of the Motown classics...sucked! The best part of that show was when the singer called some guys from the audience to come on stage and sing the temptations hit "my girl". The guys from the audience were awesome! They were better then the entertainment provided by carnival. I wanted them to sing some more!! Karaoke was the worst. When you in vision karaoke you see people having fun, making fools out of themselves which is fine because its all out of fun. but they had a girl on stage with people doing karaoke to help them out when they messed up. When they messed up she would start singing and try to get them back on track. WHY???? its karaoke!!! The fun of it all is watching people get up there and screw up!! This was no fun at all. we left.

Ports of call- the ship was scheduled to go to port Canaveral Florida, free-port Bahamas and Nassau Bahamas.

first stop port Canaveral- we got off the ship and there was nothing. we expected that its a port Canaveral but the cost of the bus to take you some place was way too much and you had no choice but to pay 40-50 buck per person just for a bus ride. we said no and went back to the ship. It's Florida we visit family there all the time. It was no island so we decided not to spend that much money for a bus ride.

free port- it was ok, very slow. Not a lot happening because everyone was preparing for Hurricane Irene. We heard the beach was amazing but because of the limited time we were docked at free port we never made it to the beach. We went to some of the shops and of course they all had just about the same stuff for sale.

We missed Nassau Bahamas due to Hurricane Irene. I've been to Nassau before and it was the one port I was looking forward too. I liked Nassau a lot!! Maybe next time.

We headed back to Baltimore a day early due to the Hurricane. Which was fine. Safety first. But you would think because we missed a port and we had to come back early that Carnival would want you to have a a better experience but they only offed one day compensation. Maybe a discount on a future cruise or something would have said a lot more but they offered nothing. Being my Husbands first Carnival cruise he was highly disappointed and said he would never sail carnival again. I've been on Carnival glory some years ago and had a wonderful time but I agree with my husband I would never take Carnival again. Royal Caribbean all the way! They had so many activities and parties it was hard to get to them all, you couldn't it was that much to do on royal Caribbean!!!

Overall if its your first cruise ever you may enjoy it because you have nothing to compare it to. If you've cruised before, especially on royal Caribbean I would recommend you cruise them again and skip this carnival cruise. It's not worth the money at all!!!

Publication Date: 09/12/11