“Destination Wedding and Honeymoon”
Cruise review of Carnival Spirit

Wildlife Lover Carnival Spirit 4 Destination Wedding and Honeymoon
Wildlife Lover
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was a 2nd wedding for both of us, and this time I wanted the dress and a 'real wedding'. Dinah at the Carnival Cruise Wedding Dept held my hand during the entire process. I read a review saying the Captain would marry a couple, but I was told he did not do that and we had to marry in Port and get a Seattle marriage license. No bigge. We received priority boarding with the officiant and her husband (Suzanne and Doug)escorting all 6 of us. Their expertise and experience was quite evident as everything came together seamlessly.

The ceremony was lovely and we were encouraged to make changes to make it our own. The cake and champagne toast were in another area. It was interesting to walk through the ship and have people applaud and give us their congratulations! I would recommend Carnival's wedding department 200%.

The Noveau Steakhouse is everything people say it is. If you sail on the Spirit, please do yourself a favor and go. It is probably the best RibEye I've ever had and certainly one of the nicest 5 star experiences.

Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A5185
5185 -- partially obstructed view, we didn't mind having a lifeboat in the lower 1/3 of our vision. There's nothing to see down there anyway. Carnival has boasted about their upgraded bedding but our mattress felt like the stuffing had been sucked out of it. The sheets and such were very soft, no complaints at all there. I did have to ask for extra pillows because the bed hurt my knees (I have osteoarthritis)

Port
As a State Capital and town, I wasn't very impressed with Juneau. We DID go Whale Watching which was awesome!!! Orcas are only spotted about once a month and we got to see them :D We also saw Humpbacks and Stellar Sea Lions. A fantastic voyage!

My husband took the tram ride up Mt Roberts. A cold rainy day he didn't get to see the breath taking vistas we knew were there, but he did get to hike a little bit anyway.

Read 1,108 Juneau Reviews
Port
We did our shopping here and found very good shopping at the Creekside St. Downtown was filled with typical gift shops with the occasional beautiful gallery with exquisite pieces. I wish I had taken the name of one store... the employee who approached me asked where I bought my Love Bird jewelry. When I told him he said "our sister store would've given you a better deal" and walked off. What a JERK!!!

Other than that we LOVED Ketchikan.

Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Port
We had the morning to kill before our Jet Boat to the Eagle Preserve so we grabbed our passports, rented a car and drove up the Klondike Hwy into Canada and the Yukon Territory. It was amazing!

In he afternoon we went to Haines AK and the Eagle Preserve. My husband had the thrill of his life when we saw a Grizzly Bear on the side of the road, in a pond eating salmon!! We saw Bald Eagles in the preserve but were skunked on Moose sightings. Prime Moose habitat, they were probably hiding because they knew moose hunting season opened in 2 weeks ;)

Read 831 Skagway Reviews
Port
Our tour to the Gardens was cancelled because we arrived late into port. Mother nature didn't cooperate and there were unusually strong tides that didn't allow us to get to port on time... in face we were 1.5 hrs late. Oh well. We did have a beautiful sunset.

Read 771 Victoria Reviews
Published 09/11/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Spirit Review
Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?