Disney Dream Cruise Review by Mjasp

16+ 1.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream...Not so impressive
Traveling with my husband and I was our soon to be 16 yr old daughter and her 16 year old friend and my 19 year old daughter and her friend.

So let me start at the beginning, this was our 5th Disney cruise and our 10th cruise overall.

So lets start with embarkation, Disney changed the time from 10 to 11 am, not a big deal to me but to some over the top planners this really put a wrench in their plans. I got to the port about 11:10 am and was on the ship by noon if not before. Very smooth embarkation process.

We were in the virtual porthole cabin and I have to say they were great. We had connecting cabins 9667 and 9669. Cabin steward was much to be desired, I had to search for a cabin steward for a bar of soap as our steward was never around. He kept the room neat but if you needed something, oh well, find someone else. Still not the end of the world though.

Shows...Well, I'm not a fan of Disney shows, so I can't really say I liked them at all. My 16 yr old said they were OK and her friend didn't like them at all.

My 19 yr old is Disney crazy, so it's all good, even if it's bad lol

Pool area...Well this is where Disney dropped the ball, the adult pool area is so small and there are not enough chairs to hang out at the adult pool area. VERY disappointing.

BUT not as disappointing as the adult entertainment, that I have to say was just awful. First there were no bands at all, there was one man and woman duo with their Macbooks open singing and playing guitar and keyboard, they were so bad. I mean Disney, you charge so much for your cruises get some real bands.

All bars close at midnight except one and that is open till 2 am. After the show in the lounge then a DJ takes over, again NO band??? WHY???

One night my husband and I went back to our room at 10:30, imagine how upset I was to go to my room at 10:30 on vacation because their was nothing to do.

So let me go on with some nice things, the ship itself is beautiful, with the exception of Animator's Palate where I was closer to the salt and pepper shakers on the table next to me than my own since you practically sit on top pf each other, the restaurants are all beautiful and the food is very good. It's cruise food, it's OK and you aren't going to starve.

We went to Palo for brunch and that is a must do, it was the best meal on the ship and second to best was when we went to Palo's for dinner. Again, the food in the dining rooms is very good, my husband and I call cruise food, wedding food because they are cooking for so many.

A big complaint I had was when my husband took my daughter on an excursion in Nassau, I stayed behind and at 10:45 am went to go get breakfast, and I couldn't get it! I was too late :( I couldn't get it anywhere, the buffet, dining room, actually nothing was open but the pool restaurants, I went to guest services and they said there is a nice diner in Nassau where I would be able to get breakfast. Imagine the shock on my face when I heard that lol Anyway, again I just said to myself deal with it and went to get a hamburger at the pool for breakfast.

The bottom line in my opinion is, you are on vacation and no matter what happens you will have a great time, but I think if your kids are old or young and you want to have a lot of "fun" on vacation maybe you should choose another line.

I won't be sailing on Disney anymore, I sailed this for my daughters Sweet 16 and no matter how we felt about it, this cruise was for her and it was her choice and she and her friend had the BEST time :)

Since there is no port name for Castaway Cay, I will write about it here, I have to say Disney's private island is just GORGEOUS!!! I loved it and since we went there twice it was like being in paradise times two. The water is so clean and you can go out quite far and still see your feet! This was our first time on the adult beach Serenity Bay and I don't know how to even describe how beautiful it is. With everything we weren't happy with, going to Castaway Cay twice was worth it all.

I have to say we are pretty easy going people and let things roll off our shoulders as nothing is perfect not even Disney, but after having been on other lines I really do have to say I like the other lines much more.

Publication Date: 09/11/11