Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Tinkerbell1391: Carnival Dream . . .
Member Since 2011
Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises
Carnival Dream . . .
There were 7 of us traveling with 3 rooms. We all had balconies and rooms next to each other. It was nice. Our son loved Camp Carnival. He was there almost every minute by his choice. Much better compared to the Disney Cruise we had gone on and he hated their Kids program!
The Comedians were awesome. The shows were great. The silly games and goofy Trivia was also fun too.
Lido deck was nice but wish the pools were bigger. All the bartenders and staff were very friendly.
The dinners (CRimson) was also good as well. The buffets and all you can eat pizza and ceasar salad was yummy. The panini press sandwhiches were awesome but upset it took me 2 days to even realize it was there! Hamburger and Hot dogs were good too.
My only real complaints about the ship are three things:
1. The layout of the ship did not flow as well as the other Carnival Ships I have been on. Many times you had to go up to go down or go forward to get backwards. Most ships More everything was either in the middle or at one end. Most stuff on this ship was the front or back of ship. Aside from the Casino of course. So one show could be on deck 5 front of ship and then the next show or activity was deck 3 back of ship. It just was very difficult to get too.
2. Thursday evening, they had the first football game of the year on. Picture it, 5 minutes left of the game, the scores were close and what happens??? They change it to a movie!!!!!!! There were atleast 300 people on the Lido deck watching the game most had been there since the start, some had stopped to watch because it was so close AND THEY CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!! HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MIND?? When I called the customer service, they explained that the "SCHEDULE" stated that "I AM FOUR" was to come on at 11:30 and therefore it changed! WHAT!!!! Is there no common sense here!!!!???? After arguing and asking to speak to supervisors, etc. they finally put it back on with 2 minutes left to play. By then the Lido deck had cleared and everyone went back to their stateroom or the Sports bar (which is the size of a small PUB!) It was horrible and very frustrating!
3. Too many stops! I definitely missed having 3 Sea Days. Because there were 4 ports we only had 2 Sea Days. Probably won't do that again. I would have rather skipped Cozumel and spent more time at another port and add an additional sea day!
Some things not to miss:
1. The Game of Love (or something like that). This game is hilarious to watch! It is a must see!!!
2. The R Rated Scavenger Hunt!!! This is like THE funniest thing ever! It is definitely NOT for children but is AWESOME. We actually participated in this one and had a ball as well as the staff. There were several people who just came to watch. Which at the time I didn't understand but now I do!! You must go.
Overall the ship was pretty and quite large. The food was good. The staff was nice. We would go on this ship again if it wasn't stopping at so many ports! We like our sea days. Less
Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Empress 7215
Great Balcony. We were in the middle of the ship but the VERY front. We have always been in the middle or back. Would recommend sticking to middle or back. The front was very bumpy the first couple of days. The room was good size and met our needs. Honestly, we use the room to sleep, change, and shower. We rarely stay in our room and often times end up on the balcony if we were in the room. It was perfect for what we needed.
Port and Shore Excursions
Flagship showing a few flaws
Bigger ship with more rooms an...
Not what we expected