Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Irene Crawford

Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Malaga
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Perfect Holiday Maybe!
My Partner and I booked this cruise just under 3 weeks before sailing and were able to get it at a really low price. I paid the extra to pick my cabin and it was midship on deck 7 (which I think is the best position.) I had experienced a very noisy cruise with NCL because our cabin had been at the front of the ship, being wakened very early every morning when we docked at port. Reading all the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about the condition of the ship's furnishings. I need not have worried on any score. The cabin was quite roomy and the bed very comfortable. The carpets and walls in the public areas are a bit garish, a throwback from Costa, I suspect, but all the bars and dining rooms were lovely.

The staff were exceptional, so helpful and happy all the time. Always plenty of staff around to help. the entertainment was very good, especially Paul, the entertainments Manager, who was very funny and had a lovely nature. The best group were Strum Jam, great female singer and great musicians.The food was lovely, with plenty of choice. We ate every night in the waiter service Orion. You really felt you were on a special night out. The Ports of call were excellent and the tours very organised, although the Dali museum did not allow enough time,considering it took 1 hour each way and the full length of tour was only 4 hours. The guide agreed with me.I still think Thomson tours are a bit expensive.

Thomson were very organised and professional from the port arrival, luggage handling etc. We flew from Edinburgh, rain bouncing off the ground, early morning and were sitting on the ship having lunch looking over a beautiful Palma with blue sea and sky. The only fault was that there was not enough pitch space between the seats on the plane. The worst I have experienced. The whole holiday was very enjoyable however and we can't wait to go on another Thomson cruise next year - think we have found our perfect type of holiday.

Publication Date: 09/10/11