Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by garjen

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: garjen
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 8M

Miracle and Irene
We had a group of 10 of us sailing on the 8/26/11 sailing out of NY. We took the airport shuttle to the pier. On the way from the airport, the driver had to turn around as he received a call from a Carnival rep stating we needed to get 2 more people. Now there were 10 of us and already this cargo type van was packed. We get back to the aiport and waited about 20 minutes only to have no extra passengers. So, back out of the airport we go to the pier. It's about an hour from La Guardia to the pier due to traffic and so forth. We arrived at the pier about 1 pm. At check in, we were told that my boyfriend's card we were using. However, it was my number with his name on it. I don't know how that happened. Anyway, the agent at the counter was very irritated that it was that way and snappily said we have to fill out a form to change it into my name. The account is the same but that didn't matter. We had to wait for our zone to be called and it was only about 20 minutes.

Once on board we went to the cabin and dropped off the luggage we carried on. we then went up to the lido deck for lunch. Crazy amount of people but we were able to find a table. Not to do a day by day but here are some highs and lows:

The food in the buffet was ok, not fantastic. There were a few items that were really good like the chocolate sushi one day. The chinese buffet was ok again some days better than others. The deli was fantastic as well as the pizza. We found if we were at the buffet by 8am no crowds. Between 9-11 you couldn't find a table. Same with lunch we were there about 11 am and no problems any later it was a mad house. Dinner in the dining room was good again not great. The new menu leaves a lot to be desired. What was good was the Shark Langoustino & Aligator fritters. The seafood newburgh had mushrooms in it but wasn't posted on the menu to my dismay. Do not eat the meatloaf not worth it. Nick & Nora's my group raved about it.. best steaks ever. I had the 10 oz lobster. The tail was brought in 3 small pieces that looked like 4 oz total. The lobster bisque was cool not warm. Would have been really good if warm.

Service overall was excellent. All smiles and hellos. The officers though ignored people never saying hello. I think that is wrong.

Entertainment,was ok at best. We saw Ticket to Ride at that was very good. The juggler was funny but predictable. The other show we saw was Generations and I think that different music could have been done to show the real generations. They can sing for sure though! Piano bar, we walked by a few nights and no one was there. Guy didn't sing well so probably why. The Philippine band that performed in Frankie & Johnny's were outstanding. The piano man in the atrium's attempt at humor was dry and boring.

We spent the first two days at sea in 12 foot waves that didn't bother me but was happy when you could walk straight once it was over. There was nothing to do on the ship during the day unless you enjoyed arts and crafts or trivia. The sea days were very boring. We ended up spending a lot of time watching tv in the cabin.

Ice cream 24 hours a day was enjoyed by the group. Desserts were fantastic!

The pools were ridiculously small. The old children's pool is now the adult pool. I think the most people it fit were 15 at that was shoulder to shoulder.

We were not able to go to Half Moon Cay due to damage from Irene. Nassau had visible damage. Turks n Caicos had a little flooding still. We did Blue Lagoon beach day in Nassau it was nice and quiet. Would probably due Atlantis next time. Turks we did horseback riding. It was nice but wish it was longer.

I'd think twice about going on the Miracle again for myself. I prefer bigger pool areas and more to do. If you like a quiet relaxing cruise then it would work for you.

Publication Date: 09/09/11