Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by droopy326: Just Awful!

droopy326
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Just Awful!

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

I waited in line for almost an hour to check in with seats available so they should have given out numbers so we could sit until our number was called.

Once on board, I noticed that this ship wasn't decorated by someone on an acid trip like the last one...although still gaudy enough. The stateroom was fine except I couldn't charge my computer as the plug was too close to the counter.

The casino had smoking machines 80% and non smoking machines 20%. The smoke was carried through the entire casino by the prevailing draft and the smokers would sit at a non smoking machine and smoke anyway. It is not just a bad smell...it is allergies to smoke that cause me to weaze and cough. The very least they could do is install fans on non smoking end that blow the smoke back at the smokers!!!!

The swimming pool was small and full of bodies most of the time. The hot tubs were clearly marked Adults only but were full of kids jumping and splashing and snorkeling in them! More They had an adult area on the stern with two hot tubs and I still had to inform a father and daughter that they were not welcome in the tub!

The food: OMG! It was only slightly better than MSC food and that is not saying much! The eggs benedict were baked with the sauce on them so they were well done and sauce was not liquid any longer. The liquid eggs were not cooked properly as well as the bacon which was a bunch of little shards. You could only get the pizza the way they wanted to cook it...no special orders! The potato salad was gross! Dinner was hit or miss...I had a couple of decent dinners but the chateaubriand with bernaise was a joke...meet was a bit overcooked but the bernaise was hollandaise with dill added...not a bit of tarragon in sight! The fried chicken was AWFUL...I think the food compares to one of those buffet chains where you pay $10 and can eat until you drop!!! JUST AWFUL!

The numbers/names for the floors was incredibly confusing! I was constantly trying to figure out if I should go up or down...They should stick to numbers or letters!

The best part of the cruise is the crew who are, for the most part, friendly, helpful, and hard working!

I will not be cruising on Carnival again! Less