Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Helenps: Amazing ship but disapointed with menu choices

Helenps
0 Post

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Amazing ship but disapointed with menu choices

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I chose the Independence of the Seas as I had previously been on the Freedom and liberty and was wowed by the choice on the menu and the staff.

However although I found the staff to be wonderful and the ship being just as amazing as I remember when it came to the evening menu I was disapointed as there seem to be just a choice of approx four main meals and the same for starter and desert and even though we only went on the mini Cruise at least one of each was repeated.

My other niggle was the drinks and spa prices, I don't live in London and so I'm not use to paying £9 for a cocktail plus 15% service charge - although gorgeous I was not willing to spend a fortune on enjoying cocktails. Therefore the three of us all chose to buy the soft drinks package at approx $5 a day to supplement this. Also I laughed out land at the spa treatments - where else on earth would you pay £70 for a 1 hour massage!!!

Now onto the good points - the ship really does More have the WOW WOW WOW factor. The staff will fall over themselves to help.

The gym (which is free) was highly useful for burning off the buffet breakfast.

Plenty of sun loungers to catch some rays.

A spectacular dancing on ice show with Olympic skaters that took my breath away.

Overall I would go again but I'd remember how much extra the drinks cost. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 8

Inside just big enough for 3 adults but only for a short Cruise. Quiet. Mind your head getting down from the pullman berth.

Not a lot around the port but the train to Paris city center is faster then any coach and direct.