Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Helenps

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Helenps
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Helenps
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Amazing ship but disapointed with menu choices
I chose the Independence of the Seas as I had previously been on the Freedom and liberty and was wowed by the choice on the menu and the staff.

However although I found the staff to be wonderful and the ship being just as amazing as I remember when it came to the evening menu I was disapointed as there seem to be just a choice of approx four main meals and the same for starter and desert and even though we only went on the mini Cruise at least one of each was repeated.

My other niggle was the drinks and spa prices, I don't live in London and so I'm not use to paying £9 for a cocktail plus 15% service charge - although gorgeous I was not willing to spend a fortune on enjoying cocktails. Therefore the three of us all chose to buy the soft drinks package at approx $5 a day to supplement this. Also I laughed out land at the spa treatments - where else on earth would you pay £70 for a 1 hour massage!!!

Now onto the good points - the ship really does have the WOW WOW WOW factor. The staff will fall over themselves to help.

The gym (which is free) was highly useful for burning off the buffet breakfast.

Plenty of sun loungers to catch some rays.

A spectacular dancing on ice show with Olympic skaters that took my breath away.

Overall I would go again but I'd remember how much extra the drinks cost.

Publication Date: 09/09/11