“Amazing ship but disapointed with menu choices”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

Helenps Independence of the Seas 4 Amazing ship but disapointed with menu choices
Helenps
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I chose the Independence of the Seas as I had previously been on the Freedom and liberty and was wowed by the choice on the menu and the staff.

However although I found the staff to be wonderful and the ship being just as amazing as I remember when it came to the evening menu I was disapointed as there seem to be just a choice of approx four main meals and the same for starter and desert and even though we only went on the mini Cruise at least one of each was repeated.

My other niggle was the drinks and spa prices, I don't live in London and so I'm not use to paying £9 for a cocktail plus 15% service charge - although gorgeous I was not willing to spend a fortune on enjoying cocktails. Therefore the three of us all chose to buy the soft drinks package at approx $5 a day to supplement this. Also I laughed out land at the spa treatments - where else on earth would you pay £70 for a 1 hour massage!!!

Now onto the good points - the ship really does have the WOW WOW WOW factor. The staff will fall over themselves to help.

The gym (which is free) was highly useful for burning off the buffet breakfast.

Plenty of sun loungers to catch some rays.

A spectacular dancing on ice show with Olympic skaters that took my breath away.

Overall I would go again but I'd remember how much extra the drinks cost.

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

M
Inside just big enough for 3 adults but only for a short Cruise. Quiet. Mind your head getting down from the pullman berth.

Port
Not a lot around the port but the train to Paris city center is faster then any coach and direct.

Read 180 Le Havre Reviews
Published 09/09/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?